Landscape Architect Intern 2020
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Landscape Architecture Group in Atlanta, GA as a Landscape Architect Intern 2020.
Under supervision, performs routine assignments in landscape architecture while developing professional proficiency.
Note: This classification is used for college students who are enrolled in a related technical Bachelor's degree program at a Junior or Senior academic level and are hired for temporary work during their summer or other school break.
- Applies standard landscape architecture practices and techniques in specific situations.
- Produces schematic and working drawings of residential, recreational, commercial or industrial site projects for in-house review.
- Researches feasibility of alternative design approaches, based upon client's specifications, site conditions, government specifications or regulations, for incorporation into layout.
- Determines existing site conditions and prepares site analysis studies.
- Designs and draws conceptual plans for site layout, planting and grading, for review by senior landscape architect.
- Prepares preliminary construction cost estimates.
- Assists in the coordination of design plans with other disciplines.
- Observes construction projects to determine if landscape work is followed according to plans and specifications.
- Consults vendors for updating research library or obtaining material samples and/or technical literature.
- Performs such other duties as supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school plus two years of specialized training such as is obtained in vocational or technical school, or completion of an Associate's degree program in Landscape Architecture, or completion of the first two years in a four-year college or university technical program in Landscape Architecture. No experience is required with a related Associate's degree or its equivalent; two years of related experience is required without such formal training.
Math skills and drafting/CAD ability are generally required. Computer skills required to enter data in spreadsheets or databases. Competency in Adobe Creative Suite is required. Competency in 3D modeling software such as Revit, SketchUp and Lumion are desired. Excellent hand graphics and rendering skills are required.
No professional registration is required.
Ability to operate computer keyboard.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data here: http://www.snclavalin.com/en/files/documents/policies/privacy-statement_recruitment_en.PDF
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles