Lead Civil/Structural Designer
Working at SNC-Lavalin’s office in Baytown, Texas and with members within the Oil & Gas Sector, The Civil/Structural Design team is responsible for the strategy, planning and delivery of corporate & client Design needs. The team is committed to meeting the external and internal needs of SNC-Lavalin’s stakeholders worldwide, while presenting a clear and consistent corporate identity.
As an Civil Structural designer in SNC Lavalin's Design department and reporting to the Manager of Civil/Structural Engineering Department you will contribute to a team environment by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner and ensuring coordination between all disciplines that are involved with 3D CAD to prepare for model reviews and issue deliverables and coordinate all civil/structural design activities from small to large multiple projects .
What Will be your contribution?
- Investigate and resolve unusual design and field engineering problems by devising new approaches or applying existing criteria in novel ways.
- Function as Checker when required.
- Work with civil/structural lead engineer in planning and design layout.
- Develop and recommend improvements in design standards to lower cost and improve work quality and facilitate maintenance.
- Ensure that effective methods and design/engineering techniques are used
- Resolve design issues and problems
- Attend project meetings and assist in civil/structural man-hour estimates and staffing forecast.
- Assit in Technical supervision of civil/structural designers in the preparation of design drawings and material takeoff (MTO) reports for projects.
- Meet schedule and budget of civil/structural project design activities.
- Conduct field investigations and plant site visits when needed, assist lead engineer to produce investigation report if necessary.
What we are looking for?
- Associate of Science degree in Civil/ Structural or equivalent 2 year degree
- At least 12 year of experience in in refinery, midstream, petrochemical, or other heavy industries
- Experience in AutoCAD, Advance Steel/ Pro Steel and Navisworks is required
- Experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D is preferred.
- Microsoft suite experience
- Ability to integrate new technologies into daily work processes.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these difference.