Lead Civil / Structural Specialist
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
- Provide oversight and direction to engineering Consultants/Contractors design work specifically related to buildings and infrastructure (B&I).
- Coordinate and supervise the B&I aspects of the Saudi Aramco Onshore Capital Projects to ensure the technical objectives are met within the approved scope, budget, and schedule.
- Supervise, oversee and coordinate regular and timely technical reviews of B&I related engineering deliverables developed by engineering Consultants/Contractors, ensuring design optimization in compliance with relevant codes, standards, and best practices.
- Closely interface with Company departments, co-ordinate and interface with other Technical Departments, Business Units, Operations, and Contractors to resolve technical issues and ensure quality Engineering execution and design integrity.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of General Engineering Services Contractor’s and EPC Contractor’s B&I engineering design activities, system integration, and design selection.
- Supervise and manage the review and approval of General Engineering Services Contractor's and EPC Contractor’s work, ensuring compliance with Saudi Aramco Onshore Capital Projects specifications, relevant codes and standards, and best industry practices.
- Coordinate the required engineering participation and contribute input and expertise in the development and analysis of various design options and business models to validate and optimize Contractor’s engineering designs.
- Participation in layout reviews, design reviews, and technical workshops.
- Design optimization for B&I facilities.
- Provide technical assistance and coordination with other discipline specialists.
- Coordinate technical reviews and analysis during vendor prequalification, bid evaluation, and performance evaluation.
- Provide mentor’s role to develop KSA Nationals and junior engineers.
- Coordinate the review of technical bid submissions and perform technical bid analysis.
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include :Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
- Report directly to Lead Civil/Structural Specialist, and provide support to Project Managers and Engineers within the Saudi Aramco Onshore Capital Projects Management Team organization.
- Interface with Managers, Team Leaders and Engineers in Company's Technical Departments, Business Units, Operations Units, and Logistics Department.
- Interface regularly with Contractor’s engineering and Project Management Team and Team Leaders as and when required.
- Responsible for influencing, coordinating, and managing all B&I related activities.
- Participate in technical reviews and studies and ensure that technical reviews and studies receive the appropriate B&I engineering input.
- Exercises judgment in making decisions; knows when to seek advice.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in onshore oil and gas industry with comprehensive experience in Civil/Structural Engineering, associated technologies and facilities.
- 10 years’ experience in the role either with NOC/IOC/PMC/PMS/PMT, International EPC or Design Contractor organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent technical, team-working and interpersonal skills
- Experience and detailed knowledge of relevant international codes and standards. Candidates with previous experience on Aramco projects will be given priority.
- Knowledge of specialist Civil/Structural engineering software e.g. StaadPro, PCAMAT/PCACOL, SACS etc and general business software.Ability to make independent decisions in the planning, organizing and coordination of solutions to complex problems.
- Experience as a Lead Engineer for a team of discipline engineers.
- Experience with Contractors and worldwide suppliers involved in the design, procurement and construction of major oil and gas facilities
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants