Lead Construction Manager
Lead Construction Manager
Our Houston team is growing! If you want to be part of a successful organization and have more than 18+ years of construction management experience on large upstream/offshore projects, we want to hear from you. This individual will support our Client at various construction sites in the Houston area. Responsibilities will include daily communication with clients and contractors and coordinating resources for the completion of assigned tasks and projects, providing project reports as necessary. This is a full time Faithful+Gould position with robust benefits.
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their construction projects. We offer varied and interesting projects with a number of high profile clients across key business sectors which include many of the fortune 100 companies and Federal/State/City government agencies. Faithful+Gould is currently ranked #11 largest Construction Management Company and #9 Program Management Company by ENR (Engineering News Record). Established in 1947 in England and opened the first USA office in 1992. Constructive Expertise -It’s in our DNA.
• Assist in updating the annual year and ten-year CIP
• Establish/maintain document control procedures to be utilized in the design and construction phases
• Maintain/manage the project management and project controls applications to facilitate accurate reporting
• Organize and manage the day today activities of the construction managers with projects in construction phase up through closeout
• Serve as construction manager for select projects in the CIP
• See that project progress reports are prepared monthly
• Assist with pre-bid conferences and contractor selection process
• Review construction cost estimates at various project milestones for accuracy and completeness
• Maintain working relationship with project participants
• Assist in preparation of the monthly owner progress reports
• Perform QC/QA reviews of monthly reports and documents, as requested
• Assist in drafting competitive solicitations by developing scopes of service in accordance with the Local Procurement Code
• Manage the construction phase amendments and change order processes
• Assure staff responsiveness and leadership for assigned projects
• Assist in business development duties as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Quantity Surveying or a related field
• 18+ years’ relevant experience
• Must have strong cost management, scheduling, and project planning and estimating skills, as well as the communication skills necessary to interface with external engineering, architectural and construction firms, suppliers, the management team and other organizations within client organizations
• Must have experience in construction planning and constructability review.
• OSHA 10 hour required, OSHA 30 hour preferred
• Must be highly articulate, have clear and analytical approach to problem solving, and strong decision-making abilities. Must have excellent communication and presentation skills
• Must have strong knowledge of construction and procurement strategies
• Must have Systems, Transfer to Operations, Materials Management Strategy and regulatory planning experience.
• Must thoroughly understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project.
Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
• Competitive salary
• Broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• Generous time off benefits
• 401 (k) with employer match
• Flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of assignment demands
• Career development opportunities through our corporate university
• Highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
• Valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view Atkins https://careers.snclavalin.com/equal-opportunities-statement
Faithful+Gould cares about your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data. By submitting your personal information to F+G, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles