Lead Controls & Instrumentation Specialist
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Job Purpose & Scope:
- Provide technical reviews of Instrumentation and Controls related engineering design deliverables with respect to compliance to Saudi Aramco engineering standards and procedures, relevant industry standards and good engineering practices.
- Able to perform as a Technical Authority in the Instrumentation and Controls discipline. Sufficient experience to understand and communicate project critical issues to other engineering specialist through meetings and discussions.
- Support quality improvement in Contractor’s Instrumentation and Controls Engineering department by leveraging experience and good engineering practices.
- Interface with Saudi Aramco Discipline Specialists and Project Management Team to support or resolve technical issues and queries.
- Mentor Young Saudi Engineers
- Support of other Aramco Technical Departments, Business Units, Operations, and Contractors to resolve technical issues and ensure good quality Engineering execution and design integrity.
- Review of In Kingdom Engineering and EPC Contractor’s design deliverables, design selection and system integration to ensure compliance with project specifications, Saudi Aramco engineering standards and procedures, relevant international standards and good engineering practices.
- Participate and contribute expertise during applicable HAZOP, SIL, Model Reviews, Risk Assessment, Constructability and Technical Review workshops.
- Assess Contractor’s Instrumentation and Controls design package readiness for Saudi Aramco design review submission.
- Participate and monitor Contractor’s quality improvement initiatives.
- Participate in the development of technical bulletins and various improvements initiatives towards planning and execution of Saudi Aramco projects
- Provide technical assistance and coordination with other discipline specialists.
- Provide mentor’s role to develop KSA Nationals and junior engineers.
- Provide technical input as required in development of new Saudi Aramco specifications and updating of existing specifications in line with Company requirements.
- Support technical reviews and analysis during vendor prequalification, bid evaluation, and performance evaluation.
Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts)
- Reports directly to Design Coordinator and interfaces with PMS Discipline Specialists.
- Interfaces with Contractor Engineering Management and Lead and Senior Engineer discipline counterparts.
- Interfaces with Saudi Aramco Project Management Team and Discipline Specialist
Independence of Operations and Decision-making Authority:
- Responsible for influencing, coordinating, and managing all PMS Instrumentation and Controls related activities.
- Exercises judgment in making decisions; knows when to seek advice.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple project reviews simultaneously to meet tight deadlines.
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include :Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of 15 years of project relevant experience in oil and gas industry with comprehensive experience in Instrumentation and Controls Engineering, associated technologies and facilities.
- 10 years’ experience in the role either with NOC/IOC/PMC/PMS/PMT, International EPC or Design Contractor organizations.
- 5 years of experience as a Lead Instrumentation and Controls Engineer or Principal Engineer with Technical Authority on oil/gas/pipeline and infrastructure projects. Experience managing a team of Instrumentation and Controls discipline engineers on PreFEED, FEED and EPC projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience and detailed knowledge of relevant international codes and standards. Previous experience with Saudi Aramco standards/projects will be an asset.
- Hands on experience with developing Instrumentation and Controls deliverables during PreFEED, FEED and Detail Design Engineering stages such as Instrument Specifications and Datasheets, Instrument Installation and Layout Plans, Loop and JB drawings, Control Philosophy, Control System Specification, Block Diagrams, Cause and Effect, Control Narrative and Architecture.
- Project experience with DCS, SIS, SCADA, Leak Detection and custody transfer systems.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance;
- Transportation allowance;
- 22 calendar days annual leave;
- Medical and life insurance cover;
- Company gratuity scheme;
- Discretionary bonus scheme;
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme