Lead Data Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
As a provider of multi-disciplined technical services to the built environment, Atkins is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine innovation, imagination and best practice.
This role is for a Lead Data Engineer to join our Analytics and Artificial Intelligence team.
Analytics and Artificial Intelligence team create state of art machine learning models to help business deliver high value, smart and market differentiating engineering products and services.
The focus of our team is innovative algorithms and models that make intelligent, automated, decisions in real time to make engineering process better, faster and accurate. To achieve that we collaborate with the engineering, sales, commercial and technology teams.
- You will be responsible to understand the client requirement and architect robust data platform on multiple cloud technologies.
- You will be responsible for creating reusable and scalable data pipelines
- You will be responsible for development and deployment of new data platforms
- You will be responsible for using Cloud data services for development of Big Data Platforms
- You will be responsible for creating reusable components for rapid development of data platform
- You will be responsible for deploying AI algorithms in to the data platform to run predictive analytics at scale.
- You will be responsible to provide the essential support to the application team who is responsible for the products user journey.
- Work closely with the Product Owners and stake holders to design the Technical Architecture for data platform to meet the requirements of the proposed solution.
- Work with the leadership to set the standards for software engineering practices within the machine learning engineering team and support across other disciplines
- Play an active role in leading team meetings and workshops with clients.
- Choose and use the right analytical libraries, programming languages, and frameworks for each task.
- Help the Data Engineering team produce high-quality code that allows us to put solutions into production
- Create and own the technical product backlogs for products, help the team to close the backlogs in right time.
- Refactor code into reusable libraries, APIs, and tools.
- Help us to shape the next generation of our products.
- 5-10 years of experience in delivering Advance Analytics solution Data Warehousing, Big Data or Cloud
- Graduate degree educated in computer science or a relevant subject.
- Strong foundation in software engineering principles and an architectural mindset.
- Knowledge of Big Data technologies, such as Spark, Hadoop/MapReduce.
- Strong coding skills in Java and Python.
- Experience in architecting software solution on public cloud.
- Experience in authoring or reviewing system design documents for enterprise solutions.
- Deep knowledge of testing frameworks and libraries.
- Working knowledge of the pros, cons and usages of various ML/DL applications (such as Keras, Tensorflow, Python scikit learn and R)
- Experience of working in Agile delivery
- Good knowledge of database management languages e.g. SQL, PostgreSQL.
- Certified as Cloud Architect from a reputed public cloud.
- Contribution to industry/open source communities.
- Knowledge and practical experience of cloud based ML/DL offerings (such as Google GCP, AWS, and Azure) would be advantageous
- Understanding of infrastructure (including hosting, container based deployments and storage architectures) would be advantageous
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.