Lead Data Engineer
Lead Data Engineer
As one of the world’s leading consultancies operating in the built and natural environment, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career both in India and around the world. Atkins India is committed to design excellence in the delivery of first-class solutions which combine innovation, imagination, and best practice.
Atkins is a member of SNC Lavalin Organization. Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global, fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. The combined entity of Atkins and SNC-Lavalin has created one of the largest global engineering and project management consultancies with approximately 50,000 employees and operating across 50 countries.
EAI-Atkins is a vibrant and continuously growing team. It is an important part of GTC-Atkins and widely recognized for its high and quality project deliveries. This would be a vital role to take EAI one step forward in providing data solutions to our business and client. This role would simultaneously work on multiple projects and would provide planning, designing and delivery of data driven projects. Effective communication and a team player are important characteristics of this role.
How will you contribute to the team?
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Plan, configure, deploy, and optimize Microsoft Azure based Data solutions.
- Collaborate with other team members to develop and enhance deliverables.
- Continuously improve team processes to ensure information is of the highest quality, contributing to the overall effectiveness of the team.
- Stay abreast of industry changes, especially in the areas of cloud data and analytics technologies.
- Ability to simultaneously work and deliver on more than one project on Individual contributor role.
- Ability to work on multiple areas like Data pipeline ETL, Data modelling & design, writing complex SQL queries etc.
- Capable of planning and executing on both short-term and long-term goals individually and with the team.
- Provides best practices, direction for data engineering and design across multiple projects and functional areas.
- Partner with Data Engineers, Data architects, domain experts, data analysts and other teams to build foundational data sets that are trusted, well understood, aligned with business strategy and enable self-service
What will you contribute?
- 12+ years of experience designing, developing, Architecture and deploying data solutions using Power BI, Azure platform.
- Experience on designing Data pipelines (ETL/ELT), Datawarehouse and Data marts
- Hands-on expert with real-time data processing and analytics, data ingestion (batched and streamed), and data storage solutions
- Hands on Azure Analysis Services & Power BI and good to have experience on other tools
- Hands on experience with Data Factory, Data Lake Storage, Databricks, Data Explorer, Machine Learning, and Azure Synapse Analytics is good to have.
- Expert at creating data dissemination diagrams, data flow diagrams, data lifecycle diagrams, data migration diagrams, and data security diagrams etc.
- Demonstrated strength in data management, orchestration, access control, etc
- A proven expert in writing optimized SQL to deal with large data volumes.
- Hands on knowledge on Python along its main data libraries like Pandas, Numpy, Beautiful soup etc.
What we offer at Atkins?
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes.
- Competitive salary.
- Group Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities.
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
In today’s global market, diverse groups make better decisions and that better decisions lead to better business results, as such Atkins proactively recruiting and onboarding candidates from a diverse and talented applicant pool.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
For more recruitment updates, kindly follow #AtkinsIndiaRecruitment on LinkedIn.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs