Lead Electrical Engineer
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Orlando, FL team as an Lead Electrical Engineer.
In this Lead Electrical Engineering position, you will provide the necessary technical leadership, mentoring and guidance to the electrical staff in your office and/or company-wide to assure total quality of all engineering efforts, appropriate fee development and timely revenue recognition of project fees. You may serve as the project engineer/lead designer when dictated by the project size, complexity or client request. Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
- Work involves coordination, research and problem solving on a variety of engineering projects with unique or controversial problems, the solution of which has an important effect on major organization programs.
- The successful candidate will be a licensed Professional Engineer.
- Position requires good leadership and motivational skills, solid technical background, good organizational skills, attention to detail, quality control, client interaction and representation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering from an accredited Electrical Engineering program
- This level may be achieved by Engineers with ten years experience since B.S. or nine years since M.S.
- Typical incumbent has 15 to 20 years of experience with a consulting engineering firm designing building electrical systems, including primary/secondary power, lighting and system engineering design, have a thorough understanding and knowledge of the architectural and engineering industry.
- Ability to solve problems with new and innovative solutions.
- Provide planning, staffing, scheduling, and budget management on projects.
- In depth knowledge of general building construction specific to electrical systems, fire alarm systems and telecommunications is essential.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills and can work with Revit/CAD.
- Requires thorough knowledge and interpretation of the National Electrical Code, related building and energy codes, and industry standards.
- Examine field conditions as required to support development and completion of projects
- Ability to handle multiple complex assignments simultaneously.
- Attend meetings with architects, owners and building managers to discuss future and or current projects.
- Complete understanding of Building Engineering and the overall construction industry, including managing clients/contractors, design and construction delivery methods and international design/build.
- Assist the Business Development Department in pursuing new work including participation in client presentations.
- Solid interpersonal skills to manage the electrical engineering staff, recruit new staff and collaborate with colleagues and clients.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills, proven through technical presentations, technical papers and/or participation in technical committees
- P.E. License is required.
- NCEES Registration preferred.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles