Lead Electrical Engineer
Lead Electrical Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Lead Electrical Engineer.
Why join us?
In this Lead Electrical Engineering position, you will provide the necessary technical leadership, mentoring and guidance to the electrical staff in your office and/or company-wide to assure total quality of all engineering efforts, appropriate fee development and timely revenue recognition of project fees. You may serve as the project engineer/lead designer when dictated by the project size, complexity or client request. Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Orlando, FL team as a Lead Electrical Engineer.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy
How will you contribute to the team?
- Work involves coordination, research and problem solving on a variety of engineering projects with unique or controversial problems, the solution of which has an important effect on major organization programs.
- The successful candidate will be a licensed Professional Engineer.
- Position requires good leadership and motivational skills, solid technical background, good organizational skills, attention to detail, quality control, client interaction and representation.
What will you contribute?
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering from an accredited Electrical Engineering program
- This level may be achieved by Engineers with ten years experience since B.S. or nine years since M.S.
- Typical incumbent has 15 to 20 years of experience with a consulting engineering firm designing building electrical systems, including primary/secondary power, lighting and system engineering design, have a thorough understanding and knowledge of the architectural and engineering industry.
- Ability to solve problems with new and innovative solutions.
- Provide planning, staffing, scheduling, and budget management on projects.
- In depth knowledge of general building construction specific to electrical systems, fire alarm systems and telecommunications is essential.
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills and can work with Revit/CAD.
- Requires thorough knowledge and interpretation of the National Electrical Code, related building and energy codes, and industry standards.
- Examine field conditions as required to support development and completion of projects
- Ability to handle multiple complex assignments simultaneously.
- Attend meetings with architects, owners and building managers to discuss future and or current projects.
- Complete understanding of Building Engineering and the overall construction industry, including managing clients/contractors, design and construction delivery methods and international design/build.
- Assist the Business Development Department in pursuing new work including participation in client presentations.
- Solid interpersonal skills to manage the electrical engineering staff, recruit new staff and collaborate with colleagues and clients.
- Strong technical writing and communication skills, proven through technical presentations, technical papers and/or participation in technical committees
- P.E. License is required.
- NCEES Registration preferred.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs