- As a senior member of the Highways team you will be responsible for:
- Provide technical leadership to a team of engineers and technicians with minimal external guidance.
- Review all deliverables ensuring all work is checked and authorised by appropriately qualified staff before it is issued to internal clients.
- Prepare and advise on production of technical briefs, ensuring that work scope is clearly understood to meet internal clients’ expectations.
- Ensure briefs are clearly understood before project work commences and that there is regular communication between technical staff, project managers and internal clients.
- Work with project managers to ensure delivery of work to the required standard, programme and budget.
- Develop technical capabilities of the team by taking a lead role in providing and making arrangements for training, mentoring and professional development.
- Take responsibility for ensuring effective production of deliverables, writing effective sections of technical reports to appropriate standards
- Maintain and develop business and professional relationships with the UK and other geographical areas.
- Understand commercial aspects of business and stakeholders.
- Application of Atkins Quality, Safety & Environmental (QSE) standards and Business Management System (BMS).
- Working with project managers, Delivery Head, UK Interface Manager and internal clients to ensure lessons are learned and communicated into the design teams during the course of each project.
- Actively contribute to technical promotion e.g. internal case studies, papers etc.
- Taking an active role in our client’s community, through its national and international forum to share best practice and pursue joint initiatives.
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering.
- 15 years’ Highway design experience, of which at least 5 years overseas experience.
- Experience of supervising and technical leadership of teams for major highway projects at feasibility and detailed design stages.
- Extensive working experience of DMRB, AASHTO and other international standards.
- Experience in dealing with various UK and international stakeholders.
- Proven understanding of MX and/or Civil 3D.
- Excellent written and verbal English language communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues, seniors, team members and clients.
- A team player with excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to fully understand, explain, present and solve complex technical problems for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Competency in writing technical reports and making presentations
- Ability to bring the best performance out of others.
- Master’s Degree in Highway Engineering or similar.
- Experience of working overseas or on international projects.
- Affiliation with professional bodies or professional accreditation.
- Working knowledge of pavement design
- Knowledge of AutoCAD or Micro station.
- Knowledge of AASHTO.
- Experience of working on construction sites.
Rewards & Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Performance Incentives
- Employees’ Provident Fund Scheme (PF)
- Medical Insurance for the employee, family & dependant parents
- Accident Insurance coverage for the employee