Lead Engineer – Vasteras, Sweden
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Shaping energy solutions to empower sustainable connectivity.
We combine SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise and ABB’s deep technological knowledge to create a company dedicated to substations – we are Linxon.
Linxon is a joint venture company set up by SNC-Lavalin and ABB to turnkey electrical AC substation projects, combining SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise and ABB’s deep technological knowledge.
Linxon’s vision is to deliver the best market offer for turnkey substation projects through world-class power technologies and highest level of competence in managing infrastructure projects
Linxon – A Leading Engineering Company:
As one of the leading engineering companies, we help our customers with turnkey solutions in the field of substations for power transmission, renewable energy and transportation.
As a single point of contact we combine the accumulated knowhow of key-suppliers and contractors so that customers benefit from efficient solutions, increased industrial productivity and a lower environmental impact in a sustainable way.
The Senior Primary Engineer will be a member of Linxon – EPC Engineering Team and will contribute towards the effective operation of the BU Substations. The Senior Primary Engineer will lead and work in a skilled team on a wide range of international T&D substation projects. The position will focus on the electro-mechanical engineering and its interfaces and scope of work involved in HV - substation design and construction projects, within the Linxon EPC and technical lead of the electro-mechanical design of substation to meet customer needs, legislative demands and standards. Also, to ensure project execution within budget and time.
• Technical Lead of electro-mechanical Design & Engineering of large and complex EHV/HV Air & Gas Insulated Substation (AIS & GIS) projects.
• Provide substation layouts and associated detail drawings and documents by established applicable standards, processes and customer specifications through allocated resource locally and in other business units.
• Develop technical concept, technical specifications, selection of components and connection material considering costs, quality, international standards, and material.
• Provide technical calculations, technical purchasing specification and schedules for primary equipment.
• Provide information for civil designs and coordination of interfaces between construction planning, steel structure engineering and component suppliers.
• Prepare bill of quantities & cost estimation, deviations & clarifications.
• Review of Suppliers design, Factory acceptance test plans, attend factory & site tests.
• Provide technical support and to develop tender scheme options and related project scope documents.
• Attend discussions with customers, handle site queries and take necessary actions up to as-built documentation.
• BS or MS in Electrical Engineering discipline or equivalent.
• Fluent in Swedish and English – both written and spoken, additional language like German, French is a plus.
• Extensive substation engineering experience of Swedish utilities. Knowledge of required legislative demands and standards by them.
• Team player with a proactive approach to achieve results.
• Excellent in communication, to interact with external and internal parties at all levels in a multi-cultural environment.
• Expert knowledge in Substation design and engineering, Layouts, Primary design & calculations, Grounding & Lightning design, Steel design inputs, transformers, HV & MV Switchgear systems,
• Knowledge of system studies like load flow, short circuit calculation, insulation coordination; Single Line Diagrams, Auxiliary Power AC & DC Systems, power cables.
• Knowledge of secondary engineering and experience in Installation & Commissioning is a plus.
• Strong in MS Office & handling design calculation tools, knowledge in MicroStation and AutoCAD is required.
• Domestic/international traveling is the part of your assignment.