This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Our Chicago Team is growing! This position will be located at our Corporate Office in Chicago. This is an full time position with full benefits. We seek individuals who are looking for long term tenure and growth.
The successful candidate will help develop cost estimate from conceptual through construction; monitoring and reconcile the cost estimate as the design progresses; participate in pre-award value engineering and constructability review discussions; and once the contract is awarded, will review change order proposals, develop a fair and reasonable recommendation, participate in negotiation of changes with the contractor, and prepare the record of negotiation documentation.
• Develop conceptual cost estimates from preliminary planning documents, price alternatives and options, and offer opinions of probable cost for different phasing scenarios that may be discussed.
• Serve as primary point of contact for the MSC Estimating team and liaise with the Design Builder's contracts and change movement groups.
• Actively reconcile the internal estimates with those prepared by third-parties; engage the third-party entities in an informative, collaborative reconciliation; and communicate the results of their conciliation effort.
• Proactively establish a routine reporting cycle that clearly communicates when an estimate changes and why.
• Prepares and reviews material take offs from planning documents or engineering drawings.
• Prepares conceptual and comparative cost study estimates from preliminary sketches.
• Prepares detailed breakdown of components and elements of estimates for systems and subsystems.
• Prepares estimates by applying unit rates for man hours, labor dollars, material dollars, and construction equipment dollars and all-in unit cost determination, calculating extensions and the application of standard factors, overhead rates and fees. Accumulates, evaluates and documents historical cost data for the development of future estimates.
• Prepares and / or reviews final Engineer's estimate. Reviews contract documents and contract modifications to determine scope of work and equitable cost allowance for scope changes.
• Provides coordination and liaison with project management and project engineering personnel throughout the estimate development.
• mark-ups are being used and that any mark-up caps are not exceeded.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field preferred
• 10 years of estimating experience with 5-10 years of direct support on an active civil, airport, or commercial construction projects
• Knowledge of work with various types of contracting methods such as, Design/Bid/Build (DBB), Design Build (DB), Construction Management At Risk (CMAR), Guarantee Maximum Price (GPM),etc.
• Demonstrated proficiency estimating formats, including Uniformat II.
• Proficient with large-scale estimating software
• Experience with On-screen Take-Off and Acubid
• Understand and utilize Information Technology in the performance of work including Internet, Intranet, Microsoft Windows OS, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project
Faithful+Gould offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes:
• competitive salary
• broad Employer based benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
• generous time-off benefits
• 401 (k) with employer match
• flexible work schedules dependent upon approval as a result of assignment demands
• career development opportunities through our corporate university
• highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program
• valuable voluntary options including legal, long term care, pet insurance and car insurance Equal Opportunity Employer
Faithful+Gould, an ATKINS company, is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability candidates encouraged to apply. Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement.