Lead – Finance (FP & A)
This role is in the Finance Shared Services function of WS Atkins (A Member of SNC-Lavalin Group) - An international engineering & design consultancy company. The shared services team is co-located with several hundred fee-earning staff in a professional business environment. The main activities concern management accounting & reporting, budget/forecast preparation, and costs recharging to various departments. This role will be supporting the UK region and will be reporting into the Bangalore based Finance Manager. This position is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to make a positive impact on a dynamic business.
Work Timings and Location:
Working hours: 10am –7.30pm (IST)
Work Location: RMZ Galleria, Yelahanka (New Town), Bangalore
Technical and Professional Experience
- Qualified/ part-qualified accountant(ACCA,CIMA, CMA)
- The candidate must have an advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, including use and set-up of Pivot tables
- Sharp Accounting skills
- Experience of an accounting software package
- Good working knowledge of JD Edwards accounting software.
- Exposure to HFM
- Good attention to detail
- Team Player–as a small team it will be necessary to cover colleagues’ workload
- Able to demonstrate the Core Values of the SSF-setting an example to others by showing respect and courtesy at all times, being open and honest, innovative and flexible
- Sound analytical skills
- Customer Awareness
- Organised-they must be able to work in a structured way demonstrating an audit trail
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work to deadlines and take responsibility-must be able to identify the deadline for a piece of work to be completed e.g. period end and take responsibility for ensuring that the deadline is achieved.
- Assisting the Budget holders to prepare annual budgets and quarterly re-forecasts of costs &providing analysis of data
- Prepare accurate and high-quality Management accounts for various operations/business units
- Provide an insightful commentary for monthly numbers and variances
- Accounting journal entries for accruals, prepayment releases and cost recharges& adjustments
- Communication with non-financial staff, in particular ensure that they understand and comply, as appropriate, with Group systems, procedures and policies
- Ensure costs that needs to be accounted in a particular month is appropriately accounted in a timely manner. This includes timesheet & invoice follow-ups.
Agile working: Candidate must have required infrastructure to enable remote working.