Lead Lighting Designer
Lead Lighting Designer
Atkins is seeking a lead lighting designer to join the group with a view to leading and directing their diverse projects, and to guide the development of strong lighting team.
Co-located in our London Headquarters with our architectural and building services practices, the successful candidate should have solid lighting experience and be able to demonstrate ability to lead and develop teams.
- You should have a lighting relevant degree or equivalent professional qualifications / experience.
- You should have experience in a consultancy role working as a senior lighting designer or engineer.
- Awareness and experience of project workflows in a consultancy environment including the RIBA and BSRIA plans of work.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant legislation including SLL and BS lighting standards
- Thorough knowledge of lighting technology and main lighting market companies
- Confident in communicating concepts and designs both verbally and visually to colleagues and clients.
- Competent in basic office, engineering and presentation software including Relux/Dialux, Revit/AutoCAD and MS Office
- Experience with daylighting design (CBDM in particular)
- Experience with lighting control design and systems such as Dali, DMX etc.
- Experience of specialist lighting packages such as AGI32, 3DS Max, Rhino/DIVA and Radiance
- Experience of desktop publishing packages such as Adobe Indesign and Photoshop
- Commissioning installations and aiming luminaires on site.
- Reporting to the regional director, your key roles and responsibilities will be to:
- Provide technical and creative leadership to team members
- Produce visualisations, sketches and calculations
- Create presentations and reports for submission to clients
- Communicate concepts and designs to non-lighting professionals
- Scoping and costing of lighting projects
You will need to have technical competency in order to maintain Atkins’ reputation for technical excellence. You should enjoy working as part of a varied team and be able to self-manage your responsibilities. You’ll need to be motivated with a drive for continuing improvement and career development.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual development review process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.