Lead Mechanical Engineer (Static Equipment )
Lead Mechanical Engineer
- Coordinates with senior mechanical (static equipment) engineers to ensure correct implementation of the project design and coordinates the work of engineers within his specialty;
- Prepares and reviews mechanical engineering studies, design drawings, calculations and documents, and material and equipment specifications.
- Establish equipment requirements and prepare equipment data sheets for mechanical equipment and packaged equipment.
- Evaluate dimensions, equipment connections, and equipment performance including pressure profiles and off-design cases.
- Provide equipment sizing and application support to project development or process.
- Administer and implement company, client & project policies, standards and procedures (as applicable).
- Provide mechanical input to develop P & IDs, equipment layout, equipment foundation drawings etc.
- Participate in material selection for equipment.
- Resolves specialty related mechanical engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes, and standards.
- Analyzing problems and determining critical factors for investigation;
- Organizing and conducting investigations and analysis;
- Participating in the development of new mechanical engineering methods;
- Providing expert advice on design processes or construction methods;
- Approving significant changes in specifications and plans, work techniques and materials;
- Determining and scheduling work priorities;
- Prepares mechanical engineering proposals estimates;
- Providing technical guidance to co-workers;
- Proposing staffing solutions and training and development opportunities;
- Organizing and supervising work of a large group of professionals and non-professionals, or small groups of highly specialized engineers;
- Providing input into performance evaluations and make recommendations on staffing activities;
- Being accountable for unit deliverables;
- Approves timesheets.
- BS in Engineering and registered as a professional engineer with significant experience of 15 years.
- Has experience in the oil / gas, hydrocarbon, refinery, offshore, or infrastructure industries and is recognized as specialist in mechanical (static equipment) engineering field on large to mega projects.
- Must have thorough knowledge of engineering practices and economic principles, calculation methods, design details, international codes and standards, procedures, and specifications.
- Excellent communication skills.