Lead Piping Specialist
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
We are currently looking for experts to join our team in Dammam, Saudi Arabia, to provide multi-disciplinary services and expertise to our clients on a wide range of onshore oil and gas capital projects. The work will involve project management, engineering, and procurement and construction supervision and we’re looking for people at all levels, in particular the role defined below.
Job Purpose & Scope:
- Provide oversight and direction to engineering Contractors Piping engineering design work.
- Coordinate and supervise the Piping engineering aspects of the Saudi Aramco Onshore Capital Projects to ensure the technical objectives are met within the approved scope, budget, and schedule.
- Supervise, oversee and coordinate regular and timely technical reviews of Piping related engineering deliverables developed by engineering Contractors, ensuring design optimization in compliance with relevant Aramco codes, standards, and best practices.
- Coordination and support of other Aramco Technical Departments, Business Units, Operations, and Contractors to resolve technical issues and ensure quality Engineering execution and design integrity.
- Ensure quality and accuracy of General Engineering Services Contractor’s and EPC Contractor’s Piping engineering design activities, system integration, and design selection.
- Supervise and manage the review and approval of General Engineering Services Contractor's and EPC Contractor’s work, ensuring compliance with Saudi Aramco Onshore Capital Projects specifications, relevant codes and standards, and best industry practices.
- Coordinate the required engineering participation and contribute input and expertise in the development and analysis of various design options and business models to validate and optimize Contractor’s engineering designs.
- Coordinate the technical guidance required to develop new specifications and update existing specifications in line with Company requirements.
- Piping discipline participation in model reviews, design reviews, and technical workshops.
- Influence Facilities and Equipment design optimization.
- Provide technical assistance and coordination with other discipline specialists.
- Coordinate technical reviews and analysis during vendor prequalification, bid evaluation, and performance evaluation.
- Provide mentor’s role to develop KSA Nationals and junior engineers.
- Coordinate the review of technical bid submissions and perform technical bid analysis.
- Report directly to the Design Coordinator, and provide support to Project Managers and Engineers within the Saudi Aramco Onshore Capital Projects Management Team organization.
- Interface with Managers, Team Leaders and Engineers in Saudi Aramco’s Technical Departments, Business Units, Operations Units, and Logistics Department.
- Interface regularly with Contractor’s engineering and Project Management Team and Team Leaders as and when required.
Independence of Operations and Decision-making Authority:
- Responsible for influencing, coordinating, and monitoring all Piping Engineering related activities produced at General Engineering Service offices.
- Participate in technical reviews and studies and ensure that technical reviews and studies receive the appropriate Piping related engineering input.
- Exercises judgment in making decisions; knows when to seek advice
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in onshore oil and gas industry with comprehensive experience in Piping Engineering, associated technologies and facilities.
- 10 years’ experience in the role either with NOC/IOC/PMC/PMS/PMT, International EPC or Design Contractor organizations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent technical, team-working and interpersonal skills.
- Experience and detailed knowledge of relevant international codes and standards. Candidates with previous experience on Aramco projects will be given priority.
- Experience with Pipe stress analysis programs such as Caesar II and Autopipe.
- Knowledge of 3D modelling engineering software e.g. Intergraph, AutoCAD, PDS, PDMS
- and general business software.
- Ability to make independent decisions in the planning, organizing and coordination of solutions to complex problems.
- Experience as a Lead Engineer for a team of discipline engineers.
- Experience with Contractors and worldwide suppliers involved in the design, procurement and construction of major oil and gas facilities.