Lead Planner - CanAtom
Lead Planner - CanAtom
Responsible for planning all construction activities in detail.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the project schedule staff.
- Actively participate in an effective safety program.
- Work closely with the Project Superintendents, Craft Superintendents, Procurement personnel, Cost Coordinators, Schedulers, QA/QC personnel, and Safety personnel for development of planned activities.
- Attend and participate in all scheduling and planning meetings.
- Provide plans in a neat, clear, and easy to understand schedule so each craft or crew knows what to they are to do.
- Continuously work to keep plan ahead of craft and crew field activity by at least three weeks.
- Plan construction work activities in detail; i.e., down to the “last nut, bolt and washer”.
- Advise management of risks that may affect project profit, costs, schedules, and client relations.
- Help determine size and rating of construction equipment.
- Help coordinate access requirements such as scaffolding, stairways, man lifts, etc.
- Work with cost engineer to determine quantities and installation units to be installed by each craft and crew on a daily/weekly basis and provides feedback on productivity to the Foreman and Superintendents.
- Help coordinate activities of each craft by each crew.
- Help coordinate and maximize the use of construction equipment and specialty tools.
- Help coordinate activities between crafts, Owner, and sub-contractors to avoid interferences with scheduled work.
- Establish and maintain communications to ensure accurate and timely flow of information.
- Work with procurement to identify, locate, gather and distribute all equipment and materials on a daily/weekly basis. Procurement personnel shall bag, tag and palletize all materials where appropriate.
- Work closely with Procurement to track, on a daily basis, all incoming deliveries of major equipment, engineered components, materials, as well as bulk commodities.
- Assemble work packages which provide all drawings, documentation, specifications, materials list (BOM), equipment requirements, scaffold plans, lift procedures, special safety requirements (i.e. confined space), and the sequence of events to ensure all of the pre-installation work is complete and ready for each Foreman to begin work. Documentation shall include, but not be limited to, sizes and weights (if applicable), QA/QC requirements, witness points, hold points etc.
- Work with field construction coordinators and designers to get all design questions answered up front prior to starting installation of specific activities.
- Continuously perform value engineering to improve the installation and reduce cost.
SPECIAL SKILLS: Proficient in managing and directing people, communications (both written and verbal), computer skills with Microsoft Office products and corporate standards for cost, schedule, and project administration systems.
15 to 20 years industry experience on similar projects
8 to 12 years' experience in Project Controls.
Capable of obtaining security clearance at OPG.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs