Lead Rotating Equipment Engineer
We are currently looking for a Western Educated Rotating Equipment Specialist to join our team in Saudi Arabia, to provide multi-disciplinary services and expertise to our clients on a wide range of onshore oil and gas capital projects. The work will involve project management, engineering, and procurement and construction supervision.
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include : Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Job Purpose & Scope:
- Provide technical reviews of Mechanical Rotating related engineering design deliverables with respect to compliance to Saudi Aramco engineering standards and procedures, relevant industry standards and good engineering practices.
- Able to perform as a Technical Authority in the Mechanical Rotating discipline. Sufficient experience to understand and communicate project critical issues to other engineering specialist after meetings and discussions.
- Support quality improvement in Contractor’s Mechanical Engineering department by leveraging experience and good engineering practices.
- Interface with Saudi Aramco Discipline Specialist and Project Management Team to support or resolve technical issues and queries.
- Mentor Young Saudi Engineers
- Support of other Aramco Technical Departments, Business Units, Operations, and Contractors to resolve technical issues and ensure quality Engineering execution and design integrity.
- Review quality of General Engineering Service Plus Contractor’s and EPC Contractors Mechanical Rotating engineering design deliverables, design selection and system integration to ensure compliance with project specifications, Saudi Aramco engineering standards and procedures, relevant international standards and good engineering practices.
- Participate and contribute expertise during applicable Model Reviews, Value Improvement Practices and Technical Review workshops.
- Assess Contractor’s Mechanical Rotating design package readiness for Saudi Aramco design review submission.
- Participate in Contractor’s quality improvement initiatives.
- Support development and update of Project Management Services (PMS) processes and procedures.
- Support development of technical bulletins and various improvements initiatives towards planning and execution of Saudi Aramco projects
- Provide technical assistance and coordination with other discipline specialists.
- Provide mentor’s role to develop KSA Nationals and junior engineers.
- Provide technical input as required in development of new specifications and updating of existing specifications in line with Company requirements.
- Support technical reviews and analysis during vendor prequalification, bid evaluation, and performance evaluation.
Organizational Relationships (Work Contacts)
- Reports directly to Design Coordinator and interfaces with PMS Discipline Specialists.
- Interfaces with Contractor Engineering Management and Lead and Senior Engineer discipline counterparts.
- Interfaces with Saudi Aramco Project Management Team and Discipline Specialist
Independence of Operations and Decision-making Authority:
- Responsible for influencing, coordinating, and managing all Mechanical Rotating engineering related activities.
- Exercises judgment in making decisions; knows when to seek advice.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple project reviews simultaneously to meet tight deadlines.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or equivalent (Western Educated).
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience in oil and gas industry with comprehensive experience in Mechanical Engineering, associated technologies and facilities.
- 10 years’ experience in the role either with NOC/IOC/PMC/PMS/PMT, International EPC or Design Contractor organizations.
- Held Lead Mechanical Engineer role or acted as Principal Engineer or Technical Authority. Experience managing a team of discipline engineers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Experience and detailed knowledge of relevant international codes and standards. Previous experience with Saudi Aramco standards/projects will be an asset.
- Experience with developing Mechanical Rotating deliverables during Feasibility, Conceptual and Detail Design Engineering stages.
- Experience with API-610 vertical and horizontal centrifugal pumps, single and multistage, pumping crude oil, condensate and water in sour and sweet services.
- Experience in the selection of Rotating Equipment API sealing systems, material selection, lubrication, flush and cooling plans and inspection requirements.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Transportation allowance
- 22 working days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants