Lead, Systems Integration Engineer
Lead, Systems Integration Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region and Australasia, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious prizes in the world. Within Canada, our Rail & Transit team has been selected to design and deliver most of the recent Greenfield and Brownfield LRT, ALRT and Light Metro jobs awarded in the last 10 years.
To develop, support and oversee the execution of the Systems and M&E Design, Engineering and Integration activities on major projects and regional projects executed by SNCL Rail and Transit Engineering, EDPM in Canada with particular responsibility for those projects occurring in the Central Canada Region.
To develop and maintain relationships with existing and potential key service providers for System and M&E role fulfillment on major projects.
This role reports to the Director of Systems Interface (Rail and Transit Engineering, EDPM Central Region).
How will you contribute to the team?
- Lead the Systems and M&E elements of major project bids and regional bids within the EDPM’s Central Canada region, including oversight of scope, concept design and budget, resources and skills development.
- Select, develop and work with key delivery partners and service providers for major and regional projects
- Provide oversight, support and guidance to Systems and M&E engineering project teams in developing and executing EDPM SIM Central projects
- Drive the development, adoption and delivery of key Systems Engineering processes and practices within EDPM’s Central Canada for major and regional projects; to include System Engineering (SE), Systems Integration (SI), Requirements Management (RM), Interface Management (IM), Configuration Management (CM) and Systems Assurance (SA).
- Undertake cost review and analysis of Systems and M&E engineering costs against delivery on each production major and regional projects. Where necessary, discuss and agree corrective actions with relevant team members.
- Provide direct Systems and M&E support and insight to each project’s management team. Engage with end client and other internal stakeholders as and when necessary
What will you contribute?
- Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering/Science (Mechanical/Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering / Railways).
- Eligibility for PEO licensure in Ontario
- 8 to 12 years’ progressive experience in Systems Engineering with significant experience in Major Projects.
- Good communication skills (Written and oral) and English fluency.
- Good interpersonal skills with proven ability to work effectively as part of a multi- disciplined team.
- Ability to interface with domain specialists, design managers and construction project managers, in a competent professional manner.
- Broad experience of the application of systems engineering to major infrastructure projects.
- Knowledge of Systems Engineering and Integration management as applied to major railway infrastructure projects / technology development and implementation projects.
- Knowledge of System Engineering Lifecycles - awareness of different lifecycles and experience of the implementation of lifecycle approaches to real projects (EN 15288 or equivalent).
- Act as a role model for SNC-Lavalin’s vision and values, behaving in ways that are in alignment with corporate related procedures; lead others by example.
- Ensure professional, courteous and cooperative relationship with team members and stakeholders; establish a work environment in which trust and respect is highly valued.
- Take responsibility of own and others' health and safety, and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to corporate and project Health and Safety rules, especially on construction sites
- Promote equality in the workplace and adopt appropriate behavior when interacting with colleagues.
- Take necessary care to properly protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of corporate information from unauthorized disclosure, modification or destruction. Never knowingly put SNC-Lavalin information or information systems at risk.
• Must be willing to travel to project sites
• Must be willing to travel to vendor locations
• Must be able to work away from home for periods of time
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs