Learning & Development Advisor – Early Careers
Learning & Development Advisor – Early Careers
Atkins is a part of the SNC Lavalin Group, we work largely across the transport, infrastructure, energy, aerospace and defence sectors. We’re involved in the delivery of major projects such as Hinkley Point, HS2 and the Heathrow Airport expansion, our combined group now has approximately 50,000 employees around the world and both Atkins and SNC-Ls offerings enable us the opportunity to continue our growth.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
The role will focus on supporting Early Careers (EC) across the UK. The EC team delivers the Graduate Development and Apprentice Programme and co-ordinates several professional development scheme activitiess. including but not limited to, the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) training scheme and the assessment of professional competence (APC) scheme for the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS). The approximate split of this role will be as follows:
- Apprenticeships – 70%
- Graduates – 20%
- Professional Development – 10%
Your role will include:
- Dealing with any L&TD queries in relation to apprentices, graduates, professional development and line managers, including AskHR referrals and escalating where appropriate;
Creation and maintenance of HR guidance, collaboration sites and databases;
Supporting other L&TD future focus projects and initiatives as required;
- Supporting the L&TD with operational delivery of EC offering including:
- Being a first point of contact for apprenticeship training providers, apprentices, graduates, and line managers, including participating in business EC forums
- Dealing with queries in relation to apprentices, graduates, professional development, and line managers, including AskHR referrals and escalating where appropriate.
- Support and deliver elements of key EC initiatives such as apprenticeship progressions, EC talent management and inductions (virtually short-term, physically long-term)
- Coordinate and ensure delivery of key administrative EC processes are undertaken delivered by HR Centre administrationLearning and Development team to ensure high quality data integrity across EC
- Preparation of monthly internal reporting and external reporting when required
- Championing internal initiatives (e.g.) EC Local Value Proposition and external EC initiatives (e.g.) National Apprenticeship Week
- Acting as overall coordinator across the Apprentice, Graduate and Professional development schemes.
- Creation and maintenance of L&TD guidance, collaboration sites and databases.
- Supporting other projects and initiatives as required.
- Actively contribute to a continuous improvement culture.
- Able to travel to regional offices or to meet training providers when required
- Create, manage and maintain effective cross-functional, interdepartmental relationships to ensure the organisation delivers the most valuable service to customers.
- Always behave in a professional manner befitting SNC-Lavalin’s reputation.
- Accountable for proactively identifying and resolving key safety risks in all relevant projects.
- Ensuring all safety accidents/incidents are reported in the correct laid out procedure and corrective action is taken where necessary.
- Ensure the working environment is maintained in a safe and tidy condition.
- Comply fully with SNC-Lavalin’s drugs and alcohol policy.
- Work in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations.
- Detailed knowledge of Apprenticeships and their application in business including:
- Off-the-Job Training and End Point Assessment - Essential
- Sector experience of Apprenticeships within an Engineering, Design, Project Management or Construction background – Highly Desirable
- Apprenticeship funding and compliance – Highly Desirable
- External landscape and internal processes - Desirable
- Knowledge of SNC Lavalin business structure – Desirable
- Professional development schemes -– Desirable
- Graduate development programmes - Desirable
- Knowledge of apprenticeships within the devolved administrations (Scotland, Northern Ireland & Wales) – Highly desirable
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Case Management dealing with complex cases with sensitivity and respect
- Project and Process Management and experience of working and leading coordination of offshore teams highly desirable.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage tight deadlines and conflicting demands
- Proven track record in effective task organisation and prioritisation, with excellent attention to detail
- Able to work with, manipulate, interpret and present large amounts of data
- Resilient, determined and outcome focused
- Ability to influence stakeholders including at senior levels with excellent networking and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and numerate
- Strong IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 tools, as well as collaboration tools e.g. Microsoft Teams, Miro, SharePoint and Excel databases
- Passionate about People development and development of Early Careers individuals
- The customer is at the heart of everything you do (user experience).
- You are open to new ways of doing things and flexible in your approach.
- You actively seek areas for improvement.
- You support and champion the HR Centre and wider L&TD team. Your mantra is one team!
- You have a laser focus on what needs to be delivered with a clear plan on how to get there.
- You are a team player with a professional attitude
- Good L&D role model (curious, self-directed learner, values feedback, undertakes CPD)
- UK&E Learning and Talent Development team.
- UK&E Early Careers Recruitment team.
- HR Centre Learning and Development team.
- Wider HR community.
- Key contacts within the business.
- External Professional Bodies
- Atkins & SNC Lavalin Apprentices and Graduates.
- Training Providers (e.g.) Universities, colleges & private training providers etc.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual and mid-year performance and development conversation. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/your-benefits
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Atkins, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs