Learning and Talent Development Advisor
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Austin, TX Learning and Talent Development Group as a Learning and Talent Development Advisor.
Responsible for supporting the regional US Learning and Talent Development team, including liaising with the corporate L&TD Center of Excellence, providing client service to employees and external vendors.
Acts as regional administrator for the learning management system and as a program coordinator for both corporate and signature US Learning and Talent Development Programs.
- Acts as a technical producer and support for regional virtual training sessions. Works with presenters to schedule, deliver and evaluate sessions, providing input on interactivity and visual information design.
- Serves as a Learning and Talent Development contact for employee support. Provides guidance on sourcing and using learning materials and creating employee learning plans. Resolves or appropriately escalates employee issues related to the learning management system with My IT tickets.
- Serves as an administrator and quality control for the learning management system, including catalog maintenance, roster completions, inquiries and reports. Assists with training and support for administrators with local level rights.
- Markets Learning and Talent Development by creating and maintaining informational materials about corporate and regional programs, including scheduled articles, program calendar updates, social media postings, and other electronic communications.
- Uses adult learning principles and instructional design methods to assess training needs, create and/or modify training materials and evaluate results. Ensures best practices are followed in design and delivery of training materials.
- Supports internal clients in developing and maintaining online curricula in the LMS, including working with subject matter experts to create or update e-learning modules to meet specific training needs.
- Works closely with the corporate LMS team to keep up-to-date on the latest features and functionality of the LMS.
- Works with the regional L&TD team and the corporate Center of Excellence to coordinate signature training programs. This includes working with local staff to ensure coordination of meeting space, travel logistics for the participants, room set-up, and shipment of materials.
- Manages timely correspondence with program attendees and with the corporate team
- Supports the corporate LMS Team and corporate functions in ensuring that mandatory training is completed.
- Monitors the shared L&TD email inbox and ensures that all queries are responded to in a timely manner.
- Supports the Learning and Development Manager in delivering the annual performance and talent management processes. This includes system support, communication with employees and managers, training on annual processes, and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Performs other such duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in business, education, marketing or related area. Minimum of one year of experience in client service, education, and event planning and coordination or related area.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with a learning management system preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented, be able to prioritize, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and have excellent time management skills.
- Preference given to someone who is familiar with e-learning authoring software and has knowledge or interest in developing e-learning courses.
- None required. Certificate in adult education preferred.
- Must have excellent communication and "people" skills -- written, verbal, and face-to-face; must demonstrate success working without direct supervision -- self-started, motivated; should have general project management experience and broad knowledge of the entire company -- operations, organization, history, etc.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.
Our Latest Articles