Legal Administrative Coordinator
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business was ranked as the world’s 3rd largest global design firm by ENR in 2018 with nearly 55,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
SNC-Lavalin Atkins business seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Tampa, FL Legal Group as an Legal Administrative Coordinator.
Provide administrative support to the head of a large Administration organization. Act as extension of manager's authority in administrative matters. Incumbent holds a position of responsibility, which may include compilation, analysis and presentation of special reports, and the tracking of projects and budgets. Acts as liaison between manager and staff, and is charged with information flow across a wide organization. Plays proactive role in ensuring that budgets, goals and deadlines are met by monitoring progress and keeping manager well informed with up-to-date reports, graphs and other decision-making tools.
- Acts as liaison between manager and his/her staff, as well as with other admin or technical management and staff, responding to inquiries and requests for information/approval and/or directing to appropriate staff, as required.
- Responsible for the compilation of data and the preparation of monthly reports and preliminary budgets.
- Confers with managers' direct reports to ensure budget items are reasonable.
- Monitors budget conformance throughout the year.
- Advises unit managers on items needing attention.
- Coordinates staff activities within organization unit to ensure consistency with policies and procedures.
- Assists manager with the initiation and/or processing of personnel actions, ensuring that proper approvals are obtained and deadlines are met.
- May perform special assignments which, depending on unit(s) supported, may include financial analysis, coordination of marketing activities, assistance with publications or marketing materials, maintaining databases, and/or coordinating staff training.
- Develops charts and graphs based on financial reports, and updates them as needed for meetings, monthly reports, or presentations.
- Prepares unit's organization charts.
- Assists in the development of presentations to clients or upper management.
- May coordinate and attend meetings and prepare meeting minutes.
- May perform such other duties as the Supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, plus seven years' experience.
- Without a degree, requires twelve years' experience in progressively responsible administrative work.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills required.
- Knowledge of business administration practices and principles, including finance and accounting.
- Computer skills required, particularly in Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Knowledge of the consulting engineering industry helpful.
- Ability to deal effectively and harmoniously with people at all levels of the organization.
- Job requires ability to process paper/electronic documents and operate computer keyboard.
- Ability to retrieve and file folders.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.