Legal Counsel – Baden, Switzerland
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Job Title: Legal Counsel – Baden, Switzerland
Shaping energy solutions to empower sustainable connectivity.
We combine SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise and ABB’s deep technological knowledge to create a company dedicated to substations – we are Linxon.
Linxon is a joint venture company set up by SNC-Lavalin and ABB to turnkey electrical AC substation projects, combining SNC-Lavalin’s project management expertise and ABB’s deep technological knowledge.
Linxon’s vision is to deliver the best market offer for turnkey substation projects through world-class power technologies and highest level of competence in managing infrastructure projects
Linxon – A Leading Engineering Company:
As one of the leading engineering companies, we help our customers with turnkey solutions in the field of substations for power transmission, renewable energy and transportation.
As a single point of contact we combine the accumulated knowhow of key-suppliers and contractors so that customers benefit from efficient solutions, increased industrial productivity and a lower environmental impact in a sustainable way.
This role is an in-house legal counsel position for the Baden office of Linxon (the “Company”), reporting to the Chief Legal Officer. You will advise the business unit with respect to all global legal matters relating to engineering, procurement, construction (EPC) projects, major procurements with clients, partners, subcontractors and suppliers globally, including certain corporate secretarial matters. The selected candidate will be working closely with the Company’s management team, internal clients, engineers and technical teams and commercial management teams on all issues relevant to the Company for legal. As the Legal Counsel, you will be responsible for ensuring that all commercial proposals/transactions are carried out in compliance with the Company’s policies and governance rules.
• Support and advice to Linxon in all legal matters (contract law, corporate law, and antitrust law), except for tax matters
• Work closely with internal clients and management in order to maximize projects and minimize risk.
• Train Linxon employees in Linxon internal regulations as well as in legal matters
• Support country integrity officer in integrity matters, and integrity training of Linxon employees
• As a pro-active, ethical, business-minded and out-of-the-box thinker, you will research, advise, prepare, draft, review, comment and/or negotiate complex contractual documents, and other relevant legal documentation for local or international EPC projects
• Provide legal advice and opinions on risks and related commercial issues analysis;
• Participate in the negotiation process of various contracts with clients, joint ventures, subcontractors and suppliers;
• Interpret laws, decrees and any other document of a legal nature, ensuring that the interests of the corporation are adequately protected;
• Participate in the application and follow up of the corporations’ policies, procedures, and internal rules;
• Member in good standing of a bar association;
• Excellent proficiency in English and preferably a secondary language;
• Commercial law background with a minimum of 3 years of relevant and demonstrable EPC experience in a major law firm or corporation;
• Availability occasionally for travel (mainly but not only within Europe);
• Ability to provide timely and sound legal advice, and work as part of a team, in a demanding, fast-paced, multi-lingual and multidisciplinary environment;
• Highly developed commercial, practical and strategic business and legal sense
• A good communicator, self-motivated, with a commercial, practical, methodical, detail-oriented, flexible and dynamic approach.