This vacancy has now expired... why not:
As a legal counsel based in Toronto within the Legal Affairs Department and reporting to the Vice-President, Legal Affairs, Ontario, the successful candidate will support and advise the company (in all sectors of the business in Canada) on a wide range of legal issues, including matters relating to engineering, construction, and operations and maintenance projects. The successful candidate will also advise the company on matters related to integrity, risk management, ongoing disputes and governance.
- Draft, revise and negotiate contracts, including confidentiality agreements, services agreement, joint venture and other partnership agreements, subcontracts, and other legal documents related to projects pursuits and execution in the various sectors of the business in Canada (e.g. Infrastructure, Engineering, Design and Project Management, and Resources;
- Provide legal advice and opinions on a wide range of legal issues, and contribute to the analysis of risks;
- Participate in the negotiation process, both with clients and partners, subcontractors and suppliers;
- Interpret laws, regulations, decrees and any text or document of a legal nature, and ensure that the interests of the company are adequately protected;
- Participate in the application and monitoring of the company's policies, procedures and rules;
- Work closely with internal clients and management to optimize projects and minimize risks to the company;
- The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of corporate/commercial experience at an in-house legal department and/or a leading law firm;
- Completion of a law degree and a member in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario;
- Relevant experience in construction/engineering law and commercial law is an asset but is not a pre-condition;
- Ability to work on a broad range of legal topics, manage multiple files, and to adapt to changing priorities;
- Ability to build effective relationships with a dynamic, professional team;
- Results-oriented and client-focused with a commitment to excellence;
- Ability to understand the client’s business needs, providing commercial and timely business solutions, in conjunction with legal advice;
- High level of independence, with the ability to work under pressure;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills;
- Strong analytical, problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills;
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
Please note only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com