Legal Counsel - TransitNEXT
Legal Counsel - TransitNEXT
Why join us?
TransitNEXT is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin. As the sole proponent in the TransitNEXT team, SNC-Lavalin has been awarded the design, build, finance and maintenance of the new extension, and will also assume responsibility for the long-term maintenance of the existing Trillium Line.
Join TransitNEXT and become part of The Trillium Line Extension project, expanding and enhancing transit services in Ottawa.
As part of the Trillium project based in Ottawa, we are looking for a Legal Counsel to join our growing team of professionals. Reporting to our Commercial Director and based in the Ottawa project office, the incumbent will provide versatile legal support to the Project.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Provide leadership for procurement, contract formation and contract administration
- Supports the contracting functions across the Project to ensure proper governance and execution
- Promotes best practices
- Provides leadership in monitoring, reporting and recommending ways and means to optimize financial/commercial performance while keeping risk at acceptable levels across various agreements
- Active leadership of claims management and development, including analyzing entitlement and drafting supporting narratives
- Support subcontract administration and disputes
- Legal review of various external correspondence
- Provide legal opinions and writing letters
- Act as liaison with external legal support
- Prime Contract Administration
- Provide legal interpretations of various contract terms and conditions
- Lead the establishment of claims entitlement
- Identifying entitlements within the Project Agreement to secure compensation or relief for out of scope works or risks owned by others
- Alert the employer of any actual, perceived or expected departure from contractual requirements and prepare analysis of potential issues, resolution options and related recommendations
- Advise the management team on compliance with legislative requirements
- Management of external legal counsel to ensure prudent oversight of legal spend
- Oversight and leadership of all dispute resolution on the Project including ADR and litigation
What will you contribute / requirements?
- A minimum of 5-7 years’ experience in litigation, corporate, inhouse or project counsel roles
- Experience with projects in the engineering, construction or related industries is a significant asset
- Experience on P3 and other large complex construction projects is a significant asset
- Post-secondary legal, engineering, or management degree or related educational credentials
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity and great commercial judgment
- The ability to establish and maintain strong relationships and trust with all stakeholders
- Strong inter-personal skills, including resiliency
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Competitive salary and compensation package
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
You wish to leverage your experience and contribute to this position? Apply now!
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs