Linear Asset Lead
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins, Balfour Beatty and Egis Road Operations UK are part of a consortium, creating Connect Plus Services, a unique partnership with a collective strength in highways asset care from finance, through to design, build, maintenance as well as day to day operation.
As part of our 30-year remit to manage and improve the capital’s orbital motorway network, we deliver major improvement projects, such widening 38 miles of the M25, refurbishing tunnels and bridges, and installing hundreds of variable messaging signs and gantries, helping to maximise the use of the network and deliver more reliable journeys. We also manage the Dartford River crossing, and operate and maintain 440 kilometres of motorway providing our customer and road user with a world-class highway service.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
We are currently looking for a Linear Asset Lead to join us working out of either of our main depots (South Mimms, Dartford or Leatherhead). The main purpose of this role is:
· To provide a long term integrated asset management and value adding approach to the Linear Assets (Drainage, Geotechnics, Road Restraint systems, Fences and Barriers, Road Studs , Line Marking and Signs) and assist in the development and implementation of an integrated Asset Management System including the development and maintenance of network plans using HAPMS and new asset management systems.
· To contribute to the development and maintenance of network plans using HADMS, HAGMS and the M25 Integrated Asset Management Systems (Agile).
· To develop, implement and continuously improve an asset management strategy to deliver efficient and effective maintenance and renewal activities to the Linear Assets whilst considering the DBFOs asset management objectives.
· To manage and progress inspections and specialist surveys to identify and scope maintenance, renewal and improvement projects to overcome specific linear asset issues.
· Manage the production and delivery of the 1, 5 and 30 year Asset Management Forward Plan (AMFP) and programme, including the preparation of scheme estimates and calculation of asset expenditure using deterioration models in conjunction with the DBFO finance model.
· To manage and react to unforeseen events, Watchman reports and HAILS; including being available to be placed on the 24 hour call out register at a minimum of six days in six weeks.
· To identify and embrace change and promote innovations as the key to continuous improvement. With this, the identification of potential improvement funding opportunities weighted against Highways England Value Management principles and Contract Change Impact.
· To work closely with commercial and financial business areas in order to provide technical support to help the wider business understand (whilst identifying and agreeing with all affected stakeholders) the impact of third party additional works and network improvement schemes.
To promote the highest standards of safety in accordance with Zero Harm commitment implemented by CPS
- Live the Connect Plus Services Values.
- Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm.
- Support the delivery of the business’ Sustainability activities.
- Management of Linear Assets (Drainage, Geotechnics, Road Restraint systems, Fences and Barriers, Road Studs, Line Marking and Signs)
- Be the key point of contact in the Asset Team to assist with commercial and operational agreements to establish the Contract Change resulting from the implementation of third-party additional works and network improvements schemes on pavement assets.
- Engagement with Highways England, DBFO Co and key stakeholders internally.
- Liaison with O&M team to assist on technical aspects of maintenance including the providing of advise for emergency and temporary repairs to pavement assets.
- Production of AMFP for Linear Assets and continuously develop / improve the 5 and 30 year programme in order to demonstrate the management of condition in order to meet handback requirements within the DBFO Contract
- Undertake and manage Inspections, lifecycle analysis, Whole Life Assessment and Asset Strategy reviews
- Engage in the identification and implementation of innovation across the business
- To act in a way that demonstrates the values of CPS and the Parent Company
- To Contribute to continuously improve the Health and Safety culture across the contract
- To manage and react to unforeseen events, Watchman reports and HAILS; including being available to be placed on the 24 hour call out register at a minimum of six days in six weeks.
Qualifications/ skills/ experience:
· Substantial experience in design, construction and maintenance of Drainage, Geotechnics and other linear assets such as road restraint systems and fencing.
· Qualified to degree level or equivalent with proven experience.
· Membership of appropriate Professional Institute (example ICE, CIHT, or equivalent)
· Recent Management experience.
· Experience in relevant design standards in accordance with the RWSC, DMRB and MCHW
· Practical understanding of operations, maintenance and renewal of various linear assets
· Experience in developing Bills of Quantities and Scheme estimates
· Experience in understanding the Commercial Impact resulting from a changed operational regime, resulting from external influences
· Skilled in MS Office, HAPMS; Confirm experience and ability to apply skills to new and evolving Asset Management Systems and Tools (Agile)
· Broad Project Management and programming skills
· Broad knowledge of other highway related areas