Logistics Lead - Shoreline
Logistics Lead - Shoreline
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Spanning five decades and more than 400 nuclear energy projects, Aecon Nuclear’s portfolio of building, refurbishing, maintaining and decommissioning nuclear power facilities reflects a record of project success that ranges from small but essential maintenance contracts to major construction endeavours. Aecon supports clients with expert project management and trades working to Aecon’s most exacting standards, based on the nuclear industry’s fundamental principles of safety, reliability, quality and predictable performance.
Aecon has successfully executed a broad range of projects, including construction of the Bruce ‘B’ heavy Water Plant, Bruce Unit 1 & 2 Balance of Plant Refurbishment and the Darlington Used Fuel Dry Storage Project. This kind of experience and track record has made Aecon a trusted supplier to clients for their mission critical projects. The Darlington Retube and Feeder Replacement Project (RFR) – Ontario Power Generation’s largest nuclear project, and the fabrication, assembly, inspection, examination and testing of 24 American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Mechanical Process Modules for two new build nuclear power plants in the U.S. are key examples of Aecon Nuclear’s flagship projects.
Aecon’s unparalleled industry experience has also helped with securing long-term master service agreements with longstanding clients in key sectors of the Canadian economy. In the nuclear power sector, these trusted partnerships are especially and increasingly important.
To support the nuclear sector in Canada, Aecon maintains a nuclear quality management system compliant to the requirements of CSA Standards N286-05, CAN3-Z299.1 and N286.7. Additionally, Aecon maintains several CSA N285.0 Certificates of Authorization. Aecon’s N, NPT, NS & NA Stamps from the ASME, coupled with programmatic compliance to U.S. Federal Regulation 10CFR50 Appendix B, has extended Aecon’s reach to the U.S. and international nuclear markets.
I.PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
As the Logistics Lead, you will play a key role in providing leadership in planning / managing / supervising logistic aspects of the FCFR construction project by assisting in the planning, management and coordination of schedules, material movements, manpower, client interface, laydown / facility operations and materials support. Risk analysis, detailed planning and active management of day-to-day logistical functions, tool crib and station laydown management are daily occurrences in these positions.
The Logistics Lead reports to the Logistics Manager on the project. Following the Project Manager’s review of the project estimate, budget, commercial and the technical review of the project, the Logistics Lead directs, coordinates and exercises functional authority for planning, organization, control, integration and completion of the assigned logistical aspects within the scope of a specified project.
II.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carries out detailed planning of logistics activities related to transfer of tooling and materials between numerous facilities in support of critical path activities;
- Plans and implements the catalogue and inventory of all material transfers supported by ensuring proper documentation is completed and archived;
- Reviews the project schedule and ensures all logistical activities are completed within schedule timeframes / date or before;
- Maintains overall control and status of assigned laydowns to align with critical path activities and tool / material movements;
- Ensures compliance with inventory control requirements at assigned facilities;
- Provides status report of logistical activities complete with adjustment to schedules;
- Evaluates and recommends manpower requirements and coordinates manpower with appropriate trades and subcontractors;
- Coordinates preparation and delivery of project deliverables;
- Interfaces with Project stakeholders (internal, external and Client) to provide status reports and ensure requirements are identified and met;
- Identify, forecast and track change orders and scope changes;
- Active involvement with Quality to ensure any / all requirements for storage and transport of Nuclear-class materials are met;
- Other duties as assigned by Logistics Manager in support of critical path activities.
III.OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides estimating and project management back-up as required;
- Performs such other duties and responsibilities as assigned by his/her supervisor/manager;
- Develop and write reports, business correspondence.
- Junior Project Coordinator
- Trades personnel through their respective General Foreperson
V.KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Post secondary school education in an Engineering discipline; Minimum 3 – 5 years experience in project engineering in a construction; Excellent analytical and organizational skills; Excellent interpersonal skills; Excellent written and oral communication skills; Proficient in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), Adobe
VII.EXTENT OF PUBLIC CONTACT
- Joint Venture and Project partners
- Clients and Customers
- Venders and Subcontractors
- Various licensing agencies and regulatory authorities
Due to the nature of work conducted, mandated nuclear export controls requirements must be met for employment
Our background check process includes a full security check and clearance process as well as reference checks. The security clearance process includes a comprehensive list of previous residences, employment, education and other pertinent information. Those with a valid Bruce Power security clearance are strongly preferred
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs