Machine Learning Software Designer/Engineer
Machine Learning Software Designer/Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
A software design/engineering professional is required to work on the design, development, verification, documentation, and testing of computer system software for internal products and projects. The immediate focus is expected to be as a software developer providing capability for Product Development in preparation of data analytics and machine learning extensions of our in-house C6SIM tool.We are looking for a code developer with experience in machine learning classification and regression (e.g. neural network, adaptive neuro-fuzzy, etc.) techniques to extract the information hidden in large amounts of real-time operational data for system health monitoring.
The primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our desktop simulator.
This is a short-term position, and all duties will be carried out under the general supervision of a Senior Computer Systems Engineer or Technical Lead
The specific project to be completed includes:
- Developing an interface to transmit historical plant data to an existing plant simulation tool for one major CANDU process system.
- Develop fault detection and diagnosis algorithms based on actual and predicted parameter values
- Generate automatic system health diagnostic reports, including potential causes and solutions
- Having performed one iteration of the above, develop a machine learning algorithm to develop a predictive model for the same
Assigned tasks may include the following:
Develop software and scripts using a variety of programming languages/ toolsets/ environments Execute all software engineering tasks including software requirements specification, software design descriptions, coding, verification, testing, and final design/user documentation. Evaluate and select computer vendor products, as appropriate, integrating such products into the computer software architecture, and prepare processes and procedures for design, development and V&V. Assist in planning activities associated with design, development and V&V phases. Prepare requirements and develop tools for test/development systems as needed. Test script development. Deliver technical presentations accurately and effectively. Manage assigned work effectively, including prioritizing, executing, managing schedule and budget, and reporting, to meet project goals.
- At least 2 years completed in an Honours degree in a relevant field of engineering or computer science from a university of recognized standing.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning classification and regression techniques and algorithms, including but not limited to neural networks, adaptive neuro-fuzzy inference system, .
- Good programming skills and strong familiarity with C++, Matlab, and Simulink
- Good applied statistical skills (distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc).
- Demonstrate good technical skills and problem-solving capabilities, and be able to seek practical solutions to engineering problems.
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs