Maintenance Team Lead
Maintenance Team Lead
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
SNC-Lavalin Operations and Maintenance is recognized as one of Canada’s leading outsourced operations and maintenance solutions experts, a division of SNC-Lavalin Group Inc., the largest engineering and construction firm in Canada, and one of the five largest in the world. We continue to grow our business globally.
Our team members across the country and the globe deliver superior service to every one of our clients. Our people are vital to our success, and we build teams that are second to none. Our team embraces challenges and is engaged in working together to contribute to our business objectives.
Reporting to the Facility Manager, this role will be responsible for all aspect of maintenance needs of the facility to provide an optimum operating environment to the client. This role will oversee a team of technicians to perform regular maintenance, repairs, building improvements, and fire and life safety within the facility. This is a hands-on position that requires strong organization skills, ability to multi-task and work under pressure. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills, solid building systems knowledge, a customer-focus mindset, and the ability to learn and adapt quickly.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Lead, mentor and provide technical guidance and direction to operations staff
- Ensure the efficient utilization of manpower to provide quality service delivery
- Conduct daily inspections to control quality of work
- Undertake the management and completion of corrective and preventative maintenance on all environmental, mechanical and electrical operational systems, including but not limited to computerized controls, HVAC, major refrigeration systems, fire & life safety systems, electrical lighting and distribution, water treatment, etc; review any BAS system reports to ensure alarms are cleared and causes are fixed
- Assess conditions and modifications to all major building components and equipment's to identify life cycle capital projects
- Organize and maintain technical information, regulatory compliance records, licensing and certification of all building elements; ensure all annual inspections required by building codes and legislations are completed and up to date
- Take the lead in Health and Safety initiatives by promoting and maintaining Health and Safety standards and policies; ensure all MSDS are up-to-date
- Maintain order in the shop by ensuring all supplies, parts, hand held tools, etc are stored in an organized manner; manage supplies/parts inventory and restock as necessary
- Act as a liaison for all contractors in the building while keeping the contractors accountable for their performances, quality of work, and compliance to health, safety, security and environmental standards
- Assist management team when requested. Assume responsibility in the absence of the Facility Manager and complete all duties as assigned by the Facility Manager
What will you contribute?
- Minimum of five (5) years building operations or industry experience
- Must have a certificate in Power Engineering, HVAC, Mechanical, Electrical or equivalent
- Highly motivated with a strong customer service focus
- Ability to work independently and in a close team
- Working knowledge of fire and safety codes
- Ability to make effective technical decisions in emergency situations
- Excellent leadership skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of the operation of computerized control systems for complex environmental, mechanical and electrical operational systems
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook). Experience working with JD Edwards EnterpriseOne and CMMS would be an asset
- Holds a valid class 5 driver’s license and the ability to travel
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs