Management Consultancy Graduate Scheme (2020)
As a Management Consultancy Graduate on our prestigious programme you will join one of the fastest growing graduate programmes at one of the world’s leading consultancies. At Atkins you will not only be joining an exciting and forward-thinking team of highly driven people, you will also be working on and contributing to some of the most interesting public and private sector projects shaping the future of the UK.
The Atkins Junior Consultant Development Programme pairs learning from experience on transformative national and digital projects with a continually evolving development programme designed to give you the tools and skills you need to become one of our industry’s future leaders. Our award-winning management consultants work on ground breaking projects, taking on hands-on roles, providing independent advice and guidance to deliver real world change and benefit. Some of our clients include: Ministry of Defence, Department for Education, Home Office, Heathrow Airport, HS2 and EDF Energy.
At Atkins we offer a world of opportunities that will enable you to shape your career the way you want to. You will take early responsibility for assignments, helping all kinds of public, private and security clients transform their businesses. From the exciting projects you will work on to the wide variety of career paths you can pursue, we will challenge you and support your development from day one
Brilliant minds. World-changing ideas. We’re one of the world’s most prestigious consultancies. With the Atkins Graduate Development Programme, you’re in great company.
Where could I work?
As a recent graduate you could find yourself in one of the following location;
Degree Requirements: Achieved or predicted 2:1 or above Bachelors in virtually any degree discipline
Joining our highly respected Junior Consultant Development Programme (JCDP), which will provide you with support and training to enable you to drive your career forward and learn to become a world class management consultant. You will develop core and specialist consultancy skills through a mixture of client and internal projects, development and training activities. Working both independently and as part of a team, in a mix of client environments with guidance from a variety of experienced consultants. From the exciting projects you will work on to the wide variety of career paths you can pursue, we will challenge you and support your development from day one.
Daily activities can include, but are not limited to:
• Working on a variety of projects across government and critical national infrastructure that influence the future of our country
• Managing projects from start to finish as well as delivering value at any stage of the project lifecycle including designing, developing and implementing innovative solutions
• Developing complex, technological solutions to client problems, supporting the nationwide digital transformation
• Winning new work by creating compelling bids and spotting opportunities to grow Atkins services
• Working across stakeholder communities to build consensus for strategically important changes and assess the impact they may have
When you join you will have the opportunity to choose from one of our three different practices, however, this will not affect your training and remains flexible until you finish the programme. These are:
Business and Digital Consulting (BDC)
BDC consultants work alongside clients to tackle complex business challenges. They form a variety of sub-teams specialising in areas across strategy, cyber security, business and data analysis, Digital Advisory and change and engagement. In all of these, BDC consultants identify solutions and implement changes to improve and transform client organisations.
Project, Programme and Portfolio Delivery (P3MD)
P3MD consultants focus on delivering outcomes, understanding the client needs and developing the right approach to ensure successful delivery. They provide the resource, advice and assurance to ensure success at the project, programme and portfolio level.
Project, Programme and Portfolio Services (P3MS)
P3MS consultants work with clients to help re-imagine their Project Management Office (PMO) business model, processes and culture. They work with clients to support better decision-making and insight and improve client project management skills and capabilities to manage effective and sustainable change.
What are we looking for?
• Passion and understanding for working in a consultancy environment, with the ability to work with clients and internal stakeholders
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills, with the confidence to work on your own initiative or as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Creative and lateral thinkers who aren’t afraid to question and push boundaries
• Ability to apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and create innovative solutions
• An interest in developing digital and technology-based solutions
• A flexible approach to travel as our projects and training may take you to a variety of locations in the UK and possibly abroad
What are the benefits and rewards?
How do I apply?
Please click the apply button now to start your application journey! As an equal opportunity employer we value applications from candidates of all backgrounds, cultures and abilities. For further details on our recruitment process, please refer to our website.
We want you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us confidentially on 0121 483 5089 or email@example.com
Our deadline for applications is Monday 6th January 2020. However, due to the popularity of our programmes, some of our roles will close earlier than others. To avoid disappointment, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
NB: This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.