Management Consultant - Digital Transformation
We help our clients achieve outcomes that deliver genuine benefits from their business programmes. We advise organisations at senior levels on complex business challenges, but also take a hands-on role to ensure the solutions are delivered and that the intended benefits of the investment are realised.
Atkins isn’t like other management consultancies. Leveraging our Design & Engineering heritage and our wider, real-world expertise – delivering transformative programmes and projects, often using Digital Transformation to make strategy happen across public and private sectors. We know how to implement human, systems and digital change in practice, not just on paper and we’re there to see change through from start to finish, whatever challenges arise.
Our rapidly growing Digital Transformation capability is a top priority for our firm’s growth strategy. Our broad range of services, people, skills, tools and clients & partners makes us a powerful global consulting firm and we have selected Digital Transformation as one of the most important growth enablers for our firm and our people. Our intent is to grow into a position of clear Market Leadership, and these crucial roles will shape and drive the activities required to enable market leading growth.
The market for delivering this work is significant, and growing, across Government and Private Sectors. Our Firm is in a leading and distinctive position to help our UKE clients tackle their most complex and iconic digital programmes and initiatives.
Our wide-ranging clients include central government, security and intelligence, defence, airports, universities and infrastructure. Our team members come from diverse backgrounds that cover the spectrum of services giving them an innovative and creative approach that is key to its success. Everyone in the team is passionate about their work and the value that they can deliver.
Atkins set high standards of integrity and ethics for our people. When joining Atkins, you benefit from a working environment that prioritises integrity and we also expect everyone who joins us to display these characteristics.
We are looking to hire talented people with a track record in growing a Digital Transformation business.
Our best people need to evidence building great relationships, shaping and spotting opportunities, bidding, winning and leading the delivery of Digital Transformation programmes across Government and Industry clients.
We welcome applications from people with either existing Consulting experience, or who are looking to transfer significant business and programme delivery experience gained internally into a consultancy environment
As senior member of the team, you will be working with new and existing Atkins clients, helping them address their business challenges. You will use your extensive experience to build strong client relationships, providing strategic and innovative thinking and advice. You will define and deliver Atkins Digital Transformation solutions that address their key business challenges from understanding problems through to solution design and successful delivery. This will be achieved in a range of ways including:
• Working closely with our Client and Market teams, actively supporting them to win work with new and existing Atkins clients, engaging with clients and developing compelling value propositions
• Working collaboratively with senior clients to set and realise strategies for change
• Providing best practice advice and support to enable them to effectively control and manage their complex change portfolios
• Designing and creating programmes to support major (client digital) transformations to ways of operating e.g. across staff and locations.
In short - we need exceptional people who can build strong client relationships, develop sales opportunities for our Digital Transformation services and manage delivery effectively.
We need you to be passionate and an advocate for building our Digital Transformation business.
The successful candidate will be given significant responsibility for client-facing and business building work from day one. All our consultants are expected to have regular interactions with clients, to lead work-streams or programmes and projects. We need you to demonstrate experience and capabilities across the four areas below:
• You build trusted and lasting relationships with clients at all levels
• You bring relevant sector experience – specifically central government – ideally leveraging existing relationships.
• You are proven in business development and/or business management either in a Consultancy organisation or working for a consulting and services provider.
• You have been responsible for achieving/exceeding revenue targets for new & existing clients.
• You can drive market leadership in Digital Transformation - including bid development and presentation delivery.
• You are familiar with sales and business development and ideally have knowledge and experience in recognised sales support processes e.g. SPIN, Miller Heiman or similar
• You have strong commercial acumen, capable of managing bids and end to end financial management of assignments with large teams.
• You will preferably have a degree or equivalent qualification and hold relevant professional qualifications e.g. Prince2, APM, MSP, MoP, P3MO
• Agile delivery experience and qualifications are highly desirable
• You have strong written communication skills and the ability to write documents which are compelling, engaging and unambiguous
• You demonstrate high level of problem-solving ability in relation to technically complex or conceptually abstract ideas (AI, Human Factors, Quantum Computing etc) and can deliver growth from these.
• You can present complex solutions and concepts effectively and make persuasive cases based on analysis.
Practice and service development
• You are an excellent team player with the ability to communicate and engage at all levels
• You can demonstrate an ability to transfer skills and knowledge across our people
• You are proactive in your approach to work and enjoy working with a variety of people as well as being comfortable with progressing work independently.
Additionally, you will display the following characteristics;
• A natural leader and communicator, who can confidently engage senior client stakeholders
• A passion for developing technically, professionally and behaviourally
• A collaborative team-player who delivers great results and operates to high behavioural standards and business ethics.
Why work for Atkins?
Today we’re a core part of SNC-Lavalin, and we’re offering employees all the benefits you’d expect from a strong global company with enhanced scale, capabilities expertise and more. You will be in a trusted, supported position, primarily client based, where you are able to apply both existing skills and develop new skills in complex and challenging situations. You will be able to share your knowledge and experience and learn from others within the team and you will have opportunities to become a mature, established and multi-skilled consultant.
Rewards and benefits
Atkins recognises the importance of helping its employees manage their work and home life by offering flexible working arrangements that enable them to balance their working life with parental and other caring responsibilities. For full details of our flexible working scheme and benefits package, please refer to our website.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not refer to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles