Manager, Bids and Strategy
Manager, Bids and Strategy
Reporting to the Director, Bids for Nuclear, the Manager, Bids and Strategy will lead highly strategic proposals that are professional, compliant and competitive, for the Nuclear Canada Business Unit.
- Leads large/complex proposals (L0C and all those involving <L1 approval) with regard to coordination of multiple stakeholders to deliver high-quality, bid and strategy compliant, winning and approvable bids on time. Stakeholders consist of senior leadership team, technical, project management, commercial, legal and other personnel resources as required.
- Proactively collaborate with Account Managers to develop the strategic approach and its implementation for all major/complex proposals
- Facilitates proposal kickoff meetings and regular status calls
- Creates the bid outline to facilitate inputs, as required, from the appropriate delivery groups to create a compliant and competitive bid
- Reviews, edits, and provides guidance on the creation of cover letters, executive summaries, and other key parts of proposals
- Adheres to all Corporate Policies and Procedures including Compliance, Risk and Levels of Authority
- Presents to Senior Management in order to obtain necessary approvals in compliance with the Levels of Authority
- Facilitates risk workshops, together with the risk management team
- Works with the commercial and legal team to disposition critical terms, in order to best align with client expectations while maintaining Candu’s preferred risk profile
- Acts as the single point of contact for key partners during proposal development
- By working collaboratively with the commercial and legal teams, facilitates the development and execution of teaming agreements with strategic partners on behalf of the Proposal. Items include, but are not limited to, Division of Responsibility, scope of work, terms and conditions…etc.
- Works together with the commercial team to ensure timely and accurate entry of information into the Project Approval System (PAS), actively contributes to justification/mitigations for final contractual positions
- Anticipates and mitigates potential delays to proposal submission, ultimately ensuring on-time delivery of the proposal approvals
- Enforces approved style guidelines and ensures a consistent look and feel of all outgoing bids
- Ensure that the company’s Code of Ethics and Business Conduct is adhered to at the highest level at all times
- Together with the proposal team, facilitate the responses to client’s proposal clarification requests
- Highlight and take necessary action in the case of any potential conflicts of interest (COI); adhering to any and all project related COI disclosure requirements
- Actively support transition from project capture to project implementation
- Manage a team of between 1 and 5 direct reports, relating to support on large/complex bids and developing process initiatives across the proposal organization
- Provide Project Approval System (PAS) Champion. Support for all Bid Leads; leading any escalation request.
- Provide leadership and training for proposal management process and proposal best practices (e.g. PAS, Talent Pool, PFS, APMP, proposal best practices).
- Lead the professional development and personal growth of proposal team members. Analyze and evaluate team effectiveness in delivering proposal activities and recommend specialist training needs for the proposal team members as appropriate
- Establish performance goals and administer annual performance evaluations and salary reviews for the proposal team members
- Collaborate with account managers, communications and other necessary stakeholders in the development of new marketing material, relating to opportunity and capture phases of the bidding process
- Minimum 10 years of experience in developing and managing proposal submissions
- Minimum 1 -5 years of experience in managing direct reports, including hiring, reviewing performance and providing training, coaching and development
- Educated to Bachelor’s Degree level in a related discipline – Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English or related field. Master’s Degree an asset
- Extensive knowledge of proposal management. APMP membership and certification desired.
- Experience managing a proposal team for a medium- or large-sized company, preferably in the engineering or professional services industry
- Experience managing remotely-located team members and staff
- Superior communication skills including the ability to facilitate meetings, communicate with virtual and large teams and apprise management on milestones and risks
- Ability to communicate and influence at a senior level
- Strong time management / prioritization skills
- Ability to coach proposal content generators and subject matter experts in persuasive writing and proposals best practices
- Results-oriented with an extremely high work ethic, stringent quality standards, and can-do attitude
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs