Reporting to the Director, Bids for Nuclear, the Manager, Bids will lead, direct and coordinate a proactive Bid Team to create and deliver professional, compliant and competitive proposals for the Nuclear Canada Business Unit.
- Oversee the end-to-end proposal process and resource allocation for the creation and delivery of high quality, compelling, competitive, and compliant proposal submissions. Focus is proposals for Engineering, MCR and Field Services profit and loss centers. Supports Bid Leads through any anticipated/potential delays to proposal submission, ultimately ensuring on-time delivery of proposals and approvals.
- Provides input into Person-power forecast loading activity, as it pertains to direct reports.
- Support the annual budget associated with the proposal team responsibilities
- Collaborate with Account Managers and General Managers to identify bidding priorities and monitor proposal pipeline
- Represent the Bid team in the daily Bid / no Bid meetings. Responsible for assigning Bid Leads and distributing summary notes.
- Provide leadership and training for proposal management process and proposal best practices (e.g. PAS, Talent Pool, PFS, APMP, proposal best practices).
- Enforce approved style guidelines and ensures a consistent look and feel of all outgoing bids
- Ensure Bid Leads understand and apply bid development process and quality best practices.
- Continue to enhance delivery in line with Bid Development and Contract Acceptance Process, reflect lessons learned and industry best practices
- Recommend, manage and implement improvements of proposal tools and resources
- Drives process excellence and continuous improvement
- Support BU in increasing proposal win rates
- Develop/recognize ways to create operational efficiency related to proposal management/production (optimization, simplification and streamlining, increasing agility/speed). Lead proposal improvement initiatives as advised by Director
- Lead the professional development and personal growth of proposal team members. Analyze and evaluate team effectiveness in delivering proposal activities and recommend specialist training needs for the proposal team members as appropriate
- Establish performance goals and administer annual performance evaluations and salary reviews for the proposal team members
- Participate in audits, as required.
- Conducts compliance check and quality reviews on proposals L0B, or as directed
- Adheres to all Corporate Policies and Procedures including Compliance, Risk and Levels of Authority
- Ensure that the company’s Code of Ethics and Business Conduct is adhered to at the highest level at all times
- Minimum 10 years of experience in developing and managing proposal submissions
- Minimum 1 -5 years of experience in managing direct reports, including hiring, reviewing performance and providing training, coaching and development
- Educated to Bachelor’s Degree level in a related discipline – Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English or related field. Master’s Degree an asset
- Extensive knowledge of proposal management. APMP membership and certification desired.
- Experience managing a proposal team for a medium- or large-sized company, preferably in the engineering or professional services industry
- Experience managing remotely-located team members and staff
- Superior communication skills including the ability to facilitate meetings, communicate with virtual and large teams and apprise management on milestones and risks
- Ability to communicate and influence at a senior level
- Strong time management / prioritization skills
- Ability to coach proposal content generators and subject matter experts in persuasive writing and proposals best practices
- Results-oriented with an extremely high work ethic, stringent quality standards, and can-do attitude
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs