Manager, Financial planning and analysis
Reporting to the Vice-President, Financial planning and analysis, this position provides high quality financial support to the overall Group of companies. This role will facilitate and analyze budget, actuals, forecasts, revenue processes and objectives to ensure a consistent approach across all Sectors.
- Lead the reporting process, as well as the team responsible for this process, for the consolidated company-wide actuals, as compared to budgets and quarterly forecasts as well as the reporting for the quarterly forecasts, working with the Sectors and corporate functions to ensure reliable budgets and forecasts are updated;
- Support the Sectors as needed, including the development of processes, tools, and reports to help them in the activities of planning, forecasting and performance monitoring;
- Review and analyze the monthly, quarterly and yearly performance of the Sectors versus the budget and the forecasts – explaining the story of what is happened and what is expected to happen;
- Participate on various special projects and ad hoc financial analysis and reporting;
- Participate in various tasks related to the reporting of financial information;
- Participate in creating and implementing policies and procedures;
- Establish effective working relationships with colleagues and stakeholders in Sectors and Business Units and other corporate finance departments;
- Creates operational plans, rolling forecasts and latest estimate.
- Leads or participates in initiatives that are part of the Corporate Finance Team strategy that impact the effectiveness and efficiency of the Finance community at the global level.
- Professional accounting designation with minimum 7 years or more of finance or accounting experience with supervisory experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication, in English and French, and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with individuals throughout all levels of the organization;
- Team player with strong leadership, delegation and management skills;
- Strong consulting and problem solving skills;
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively multi-task;
- Ability to take initiative and work independently;
- Ability to manage competing deadlines and balance priorities;
- Flexibility to accommodate work demands;
- Understanding of accounting processes and IFRS policies;
- Oriented towards team work and ability to communicate and work with other members of the organization;
- Bilingual, written and spoken