Manager, Geotechnical Engineering
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin Inc. is a global engineering and construction firm with offices across Canada, in over 35 other countries around the world and currently working in approximately 100 countries. We are recruiting the best and the brightest: people who are truly passionate about what they do. This is your chance to showcase your talents and skills by joining our project teams worldwide. Open the door to a world of opportunities: www.snclavalin.com.
SNC-Lavalin’s Environment & Geoscience group offers consulting services in the following areas: Geotechnical, Geoenvironmental, Environmental Risk Assessment, Contaminated Site Assessment and Remediation, Environmental Studies, Environmental and Social Impact Assessments, Air Quality and Green House Gas Emissions, Sustainability, Environmental Management and Planning, Geographic Information Systems, Rural Development, Waste Management, Hydrogeology and Water Resources.
We are currently seeking a Manager, Geotechnical Engineering to join the team in our Vaughan, office, providing business and operational leadership, having superior client relations skills and a proven ability to generate new clients and projects.
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Geotechnical Engineering with a P.Eng. designation (Master’s degree in Geotechnical Engineering is preferred).
- Minimum of 12 years relevant industry experience, since graduation, in geotechnical engineering related services.
- Demonstrated local market knowledge and an established presence and reputation within the local geotechnical consulting and client network.
- Demonstrated record of team growth.
- Highly developed client management skills.
- Demonstrated successful track record with business development and proposals
- Solid understanding of the drivers within the geotechnical consulting industry (i.e., business trends, regulatory, economic, and political).
- Proven organizational, team-building, technical, project management skills.
- Superior writing and verbal communication skills, English fluency.
- Valid Canadian driver’s licence with a clean drivers abstract.
- Must be able and willing to travel for project work away from the home office.
- Overall leadership of geotechnical staff in Vaughan and collaboration with staff and managers in other Ontario offices and out-of-province.
- Developing and executing annual business and pursuit plans for developing new business opportunities and growth within Ontario, including cross selling of services.
- Developing and maintaining a network of business contacts.
- Participating in or delegation of participation in local professional and/or business associations.
- Developing annual budget forecasts, and maintaining appropriate staff levels to meet budget; ensuring staff are adequately trained and appropriately utilized.
- Undertaking business development.
- Providing recommendations on hiring.
- Ensuring projects are adequately resourced and supported. Identifying and mitigating at-risk projects.
- Provide guidance, training and direction to junior and intermediate staff to ensure the completion of the project scope of work.
- Develop and manage strong relationships with new and existing clients, field personnel, government and regulatory agencies and expand internal SNC-Lavalin network.
- Ensuring appropriate Quality Management System is applied on team’s projects.
- Ensuring annual performance reviews are completed for staff.
- Managing personnel and proposing staffing conflict solutions with support from Human Resources.
- Mentoring and/or coaching staff.
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of existing and emerging opportunities, trends, regulatory requirements and best practices.
- Analyzing and preparing competitive proposals, recommendations and reports for projects relating to foundation design, slope stability, road structure design, seismic analyses, earth pressures, materials testing, and other geotechnical related projects.
- Participating in multi-disciplinary project teams, guiding and instructing others.
- Contributing to the development of complex project proposals/cost estimates and participate in the process of securing new business opportunities or expanding the scope of existing projects.
- Providing practical and economic solutions to clients that differentiate the team.
- Contributing to the overall strategic development of the Environment and Geoscience group, including growth, profitability and supporting the development of new processes, services, geographies and client sectors.
- Ensuring proper implementation and continued use of safety and quality assurance programs and corporate policies and procedures, including Ethics and Compliance.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the on boarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.