Manager Project Controls
Qualified candidates must be able to manage the project control aspects of Engineering projects for clients in a wide range of disciplines. The Project Controls Manager will liaise with Manager Project Controls, Cost Controllers and Project Control Management teams of respective Business Units to ensure uniform Project control set-up and adequate level of resources are in place for the successful delivery of the Project control activities across all the EDPM West Canada portfolio, In particular, the development and implementation of uniform and consistent key project delivery elements, including but not limited to: cost control; ; scheduling; document control; will fall under his/her responsibility
The Manager Project Controls will also help ensure that projects reporting are accurate and will be responsible to ensure critical projects are monitored with the highest attention. This may include conducting project audits, managing project schedules and driving a culture of delivering high quality work for clients.
- Oversees the Business Units Project Control Manager(s) and Project Manager(s) with the delivery of the required information and documentation to ensure projects are executed in a consistent manner
- Develop criteria and deliverables and implement process documentation to support the project stage gate deliverables and ensure communication to other internal and external parties.
- Support the reporting of all project stage gate documentation, including all deliverables, PO’s, schedule updates, costs analysis, quality assurance documentation.
- Work with the Business Units Project Control Managers and Cost Controllers to compile and maintain the manpower forecast database to track all internal and key resources for all business units.
- Coordinate reporting with Business Performance Lead and assist in accurate cost tracking and reporting and provide information for cost and schedule reforecasting.
- Apply Corporate project review process and ensure each project is appropriately reviewed for compliance. Participate in internal and external audits.
- Provide technical assistance, analysis and documentation support for the team.
- Assist in the close out requirements of the project.
- Work with a common vision and goals that align with the organization directions.
- Excellent communication, time management, multitasking, and people skills.
- Capable of functioning in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Effectively handle multiple conflicting priorities simultaneously.
- Enjoy working in a professional work environment with clients.
- Support and mentor staff in improving the client relationships, quality of our work and service to our clients.
- Find and develop opportunities, strategize, lead and assist in business development efforts within the R&TE team.
- Ensure compliance with all staff within the department with SNC-Lavalin SOP policies, practices and protocols.
- Ability to coordinate with other disciplines and clients.
- Organized; able to prioritize various tasks and have a flexible approach to assignments.
- 10 to 15 years experience in the engineering consulting industry.
- Prior experience managing a team is an asset
- A related post secondary degree or diploma is required in technology, sciences, finance , engineering or cost professional accreditations would be an asset
- Strong computer skills related to Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, Visio, PowerPoint, and Access;
- Experience with Project Control software (Oracle, Primavera P6, MS project, PM+, Aconex )
- Ability to develop skills and adapt to in-house tools and applications;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong organization and administration skills;
- Demonstrated analytical skills with strong attention to detail and presentation;
- Demonstrated independence in meeting productivity and quality targets; and,
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with team members and provide support to other team members in achieving the overall goals of the team and department
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com