Manager Project Controls-Sarnia
Job Description Summary
Lead and supervise the Project Controls Department based out of our Sarnia office. Promotes best practices for the Project Controls Function and assists the General Manager in the overall successful management and achievement of projects’ objectives.
Specific responsibilities include the disciplines of Cost Control, Planning and Scheduling, Estimating, Change Management, Earned Value Management and Document Management.
- University degree in engineering, technology or any other relevant discipline along with a minimum of five years of working experience in Project Controls;
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated experience of managing cost control and planning & scheduling activities through the initiation, planning, execution, control and closeout phases of a project;
- Experience in Cost Control, Change Management, Planning, and Progress Measurement Industry Practices;
- Working knowledge of engineering, procurement, contracts, construction, commissioning;
- Ability to lead, inspire and develop a team of talented individuals;
- Demonstrated skill in management, supervisory and personnel administrative functions;
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to quickly adapt to changing environments and requirements;
- Proven problem solver, self-motivated with time management skills;
- Ability to work well within both Internal and External Teams;
- Competencies required in MS Office (Excel and Word), Primavera, Oracle EBS;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.