Manager, Project Services, Rolling Stock - Rail
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Manager, Project Services, Rolling Stock - Rail
SNC-Lavalin Rail & Transit Engineering is looking for a seasoned rail professional to lead the Project Services Department for the Rolling stock product line. Building on strong Rolling stock network within North America this individual will support the on-going need to build a Project Services operational resource base in line with the Central Region business plan targets for both growth and EBIT. The engineering capabilities will principally be delivered in the consulting arena to a wide range of external and in some cases internal customers.
The Project Services Manager, reporting to the Director, Rolling Stock will be responsible for leading a team of Project biased/focused engineering specialists within the Rail & Transit Engineering, Central Region operation and will have responsibility for:
- Project Delivery – operational excellence through a combination of; delivering assignments/tasks on time and to budget ensuring appropriate business systems and processes are adopted, managing staff utilization, meeting the expectations of our clients, and working closely with other rolling stock department leads as well as other product line leads to ensure effective use of the RTE team, including other North America RTE regions.
- Business Development – liaising with key clients as a function of the projects/assignments being pursued or executed and leveraging relationships/ networking within the industry.
- Proposal Submission – working closely with the bid and proposal teams to provide input to the development of quality proposals
- Team Leadership and Development - recruitment, retention/staff care, professional development, performance appraisals and succession planning relating to the Project services department team members
- Compliance adherence to corporate policies including Corporate Ethics and HSSE-Health, Safety, Security and Environment and levels of authority policies.
- 10 years’ experience in the rolling stock market arena and/or a combination of experience and leadership training with demonstrable success in leading a team, as well as previous business management exposure
- Ability to demonstrate visible leadership
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited direct supervision
- An aptitude for identifying and supporting new business opportunities, with the ability to focus on both small and large value initiatives/contracts..
- Able to leverage existing professional networks to positively position SNC-Lavalin to secure new work.
Technical Management & Oversight
- Professional Engineer status in one or more provinces is preferred but not essential
- 10 years or more experience in the North American Rolling stock market/arena is preferred. Through this experience, the Project Services department manager will be able participate in detailed technical subject discussions across all project areas/issues that surface on rail equipment projects (e.g. new build procurements, overhaul/life extension oversight assignments).
- Knowledge of applicable design standards across rail systems for the US/North America
- Demonstrated competency in the following software: Microsoft Office Suite
- People management
- Timely performance reporting
- Budget development and management, key performance metrics reporting
- Excellent written and spoken English is essential along with superior negotiating and presentation skills
The Project Services Manager will be responsible for the following specializations and disciplines;
- Project / Engineering Management
- Procurement Services
- Warranty Management
- Testing & Commissioning
- Audit / Condition Assessment
- QA/QC Services
- Project Controls
- CAD Services
Preferred location: Toronto / Burlington
- Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. SNCL are an equal opportunity employer.
- According to our selection process, pre-employment verifications, including a criminal check, maybe performed.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
SNC-Lavalin is one of the world's largest engineering and construction companies.
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the largest projects in North America. You will work in an environment that will give you an opportunity to excel and advance in your career.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.