SNC-Lavalin provides cutting-edge engineering, procurement, construction and financing solutions to projects in more than 100 countries around the world. From the Canadian Arctic to the Southern African region, our multicultural workforce is driven by a fierce pride in their work and a pioneering vision.
As our revenues reach record highs, and our projects bring home some of the most prestigious prizes in the world, there has never been a better time to join our team. Now more than ever, SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field.
SNC-Lavalin is an international leader in engineering and construction, and a major player in operations and maintenance as well as infrastructure concession investments.
This person will be responsible for implementation and maintenance of the ISO 9001:2015 registered Quality Management System (QMS) applicable to Environment and Geoscience, Rail & Transit engineering, Highways & Bridges, Buildings & Facilities, Industrial, Water & Wastewater and Municipal Infrastructure. Travel will be required within the Ontario to support the QMS in the Infrastructure Engineering offices.
To perform this role successfully, the Quality Manager will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Implementation and maintenance of Quality Management System.
- Development of the working level documents and forms required to support the QMS.
- Development and implementation of quality orientation and training programs
- Preparation of Audit Programs and scheduling, coordinating, managing and participating in Internal and External Quality Audits (ISO/client)
- Development and presentation of data at the regular management review meetings with top management, including taking necessary actions to ensure effective operation and continuous improvement of the QMS.
- Development and implementing a program for Correction and when applicable, Corrective Action in respect to Non-conformities.
- Monitoring of client satisfaction
- Monitoring of implementation of continuous improvement programs.
- Ensuring that relevant records are maintained and retained in accordance with the QMS
- Providing quality management support on Infrastructure Engineering proposals
- On small projects, acting in the role of Quality Manager.
- University Degree or Diploma of Technology (civil, mechanical, electrical engineering, environmental engineering preferred)
- P.Eng or P.Geo is an asset for the position.
- A minimum of five (5) years quality management experience in engineering design and/or Environment and Geo sciences.
- Trained Quality Auditor (ISO 9001 lead auditor training preferred)
- Excellent working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 Quality Standard and familiarity with various industry codes, standards and regulations governing quality management
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, Access)
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and leadership skills as well as the ability to work in a demanding multidisciplinary environment are essential for this position.
SNC-Lavalin is one of the world's largest engineering and construction companies.
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the largest projects in North America. You will work in an environment that will give you an opportunity to excel and advance in your career.
While we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.