Manager, Roads & Bridges
Manager, Roads & Bridges
Why join us?
Reporting to the Director, Highways and Bridges (Saskatchewan), the Manager, Roads and Bridges is responsible for the management and delivery of all design and construction administration services for infrastructure projects in Southern Saskatchewan. The Roads & Bridges team is a part of the Engineering, Design, and Project Management (EDPM) division of SNC-Lavalin Inc. within Canada. By joining SNC-Lavalin Inc., you're seizing the chance to grow with a leader in engineering and construction, with ample opportunity to work on project locally and abroad.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Responsible for managing a group of project teams that are each delivering civil infrastructure design and construction management projects
- Interpret contract documents and prepare status reports and financial reports for assigned projects
- Develop and implement processes for the effective management of infrastructure construction projects
- Primary client contact, ensuring proposals, contracts, agreements, and billing is accurate
- Develop, guide and conduct senior review of infrastructure construction projects
- Building, leading, training and mentoring a team of technical staff to deliver design and construction administration projects
- Business development, including liaising with clients and stakeholders with the goal of building and maintaining strong working relationships
What will you contribute?
- University degree in Civil Engineering with a minimum of ten (10) years of intermediate level relevant experience in design and construction administration on infrastructure/transportation projects
- Ability to manage human and financial resources
- Ability to build effective teams and relationships with key clients, stakeholders, contractors and staff
- Ability to work on multiple projects and meet established deadlines
- Ability to develop and implement processes for the effective management of infrastructure construction projects
- Extensive project management experience
- Strong understanding of engineering material properties used in infrastructure construction as well as quality assurance/quality control processes
- Strong understanding of construction administration, contract interpretation, project management, financial reporting and status reporting
- Strong understanding of transportation construction contract law and construction specifications
- Strong understanding of transportation design
- Ability to effectively monitor construction progress and enforce contract specifications
- Strong negotiation and mediation skills
- Ability to enforce and monitor compliance with regulatory requirements
- MS Office skills
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
Our commitment to excellence extends to our workplace where we offer a flexible work environment, competitive compensation and benefits including a generous retirement savings program, an Employee Share Ownership Plan, in-house training programs, a strong emphasis on health and safety, support for continuing education and professional development, and the opportunity to work with and learn from senior technical experts and professionals.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs