Manager, Shared Service Proposals
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Reporting to the VP, Client Strategy Engineering, Design and Project Management (EDPM) Canada and working closely with the SVPs of Central and Western Canada, and the entire EDPM Canada team, the Manager, Shared Service Proposals Group will lead, direct and coordinate a proactive Proposal Team to create and deliver professional, compliant and competitive proposals for the EDPM Canada businesses in Central and Western Canada. The successful candidate will be the leader of the Shared Services Proposals Group and responsible for its processes. This role also serves as a trusted advisor to the SVPs of Central and Western Canada on best practices in capture planning, pipeline management, and proposal management.
- Lead the end-to-end proposal process and resource allocation for the creation and delivery of high quality, compelling, competitive, and compliant proposal submissions.
- Work with technical and business leadership to develop and communicate win strategies and themes within each proposal
- Support client presentations, manage clarifications for pre- and post-bid submission
- Manage the annual budget associated with the proposal team responsibilities
- Responsible for reporting associated with work backlog, pursuit costs and win rate for inclusion in the monthly management report
- Responsible for providing bi-weekly snapshot of active proposals, wins/losses, and upcoming proposals to SVPs (Central and Western Canada), and VP Client Strategy
- Collaborate with regional leads from EDPM Central and Western Canada to identify bidding priorities and monitor proposal pipeline
- Provide leadership and training for proposal management process and proposal best practices
- Continue to enhance proposal process in line with corporate QMS to reflect lessons learned and industry best practices
- Recommend, manage and implement improvements of proposal tools and resources
- Drives process excellence and continuous improvement
- Support EDPM businesses in Central and Western Canada in increasing proposal win rates (including developing and delivering training on capture planning and proposal best practices, and documenting client debrief notes and lessons learned, etc.)
- Develop/recognize ways to create operational efficiency related to proposal management/production (optimization, simplification and streamlining, increasing agility/speed)
- Lead the professional development and personal growth of proposal team members. Analyze and evaluate team effectiveness in delivering proposal activities and recommend specialist training needs for the proposal team members as appropriate
- Establish performance goals and administer annual performance evaluations and salary reviews for the proposal team members
- Collaborate with corporate communications, quality management team, risk, and EDPM proposal team in East to ensure consistency and operational efficiency
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing successful proposal submissions
- Experience in managing direct reports, including hiring, reviewing performance and providing training, coaching and development
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline – Marketing, Communications, Journalism, English or related field is desired
- APMP membership and certification desired.
- Experience managing a proposal team for a medium- or large-sized company, preferably in the engineering or professional services industry
- Experience managing remotely-located team members and staff
- Superior communication skills including the ability to facilitate meetings, communicate with virtual and large teams and apprise management on milestones and risks
- Ability to communicate and influence at a senior level
- Strong time management / prioritization skills
- Ability to coach proposal content generators and subject matter experts in persuasive writing and proposals best practices
- Results-oriented with stringent quality standards, and can-do attitude
- French language abilities (written and spoken) an asset
SNC-Lavalin is one of the world's largest engineering and construction companies.
We offer an opportunity to work on some of the largest projects in North America. You will work in an environment that will give you an opportunity to excel and advance in your career.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.