Manager, Transportation Planning
Manager, Transportation Planning
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Burnaby, BC and reports to the VP, Roads, Bridges and Ports. You will be responsible for leading our transportation planning and traffic engineering activities and working alongside other discipline managers, technical leads and project managers in the Roads and Highways group.
The ideal candidate is an industry professional that will have a broad base of engineering planning and leadership experience and will be a motivated self-starter who embraces the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, primarily in British Columbia and across Canada and has the long-term drive, ambition and potential to develop and progress within our organization.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Manage and develop a team of transportation engineers in delivery of services across a variety of transportation planning and traffic engineering activities.
- Lead project pursuits, perform business development, and establish relationships with public and private sector clients, primarily in British Columbia and across Canada.
- Ensure the quality of service meets defined targets and that all staff promote a customer focus as a key tenet of their behavior, and that they proactively work to exceed the expectations of all of their clients.
- Define a Transportation Planning and Traffic product plan which delivers the agreed financial performance and contributes to the overall growth of the team.
- Ensure that appropriate business systems are followed by the team; including the effective planning, execution and management of assignments.
- Report to the VP Roads, Bridges and Ports on business and project performance.
What will you contribute?
- 5+ years’ of relevant experience acquired in Canada.
- University Degree in Civil Engineering
- Registered as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng).
- Ability to manage a team of transportation engineers and develop client relationships.
- A strong track record of business development, leading proposals and winning work with a variety of clients.
- Proficient in traffic operations software, including Highway Capacity Software, Synchro and Sidra.
- Knowledge of traffic simulation software such as VISSIM and demand modelling software such as EMME will be an asset.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills as well as the ability to develop and deliver presentations on technical subject matter to non-technical and technical audiences.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship skills, along with a strong record working as part of a cohesive and collaborative team.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Minimum 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs