Managing Building Surveyor
Faithful+Gould is a long established, international company with a great reputation for delivering a variety of consultancy services to a diverse client range. We place great emphasis on staff training and development which allows us to provide an unrivalled level of service. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure great career experience and opportunities are provided for you to take advantage of.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Managing Building Surveyor to join the fast expanding London based building surveying team. The 22 strong team has grown from two members in 2007 and continues to win an exciting variety of work.
Your experience in managing client relationships and dealing with legal and technical issues is key in developing new business. In this role, you will regularly liaise with senior colleagues to help build a profitable service and positive, high performing team environment.
Taking responsibility for larger, more complex projects
Providing guidance, support and technical expertise to other members of the team
Assisting in the growth of our professional services (including party wall and dilapidations) offering
Undertaking a wide range of building surveying duties under your own steam throughout London and the South East
Acting as the primary interface with key clients and ensure the quality and timeliness of service delivery to those clients
Carry out surveys, inspections, schedules, professional services etc and the overall management of schemes in London and the Southeast.
• A BSc (Hons) in Building Surveying or a similar degree accredited by RICS
• Full member of The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors with a minimum of three years PQE
• Extensive experience in professional building surveying services
• An ability to manage your time effectively
• Significant building surveying experience
Experience of supporting and developing people would be desirable
• Mathematical ability and an understanding of the need for accuracy in all your work
• A sound technical surveying knowledge, demonstrating growing experience and ability
• A professional manner and outlook
• A focus on client satisfaction and have experience of liaising directly with clients
• Punctuality and a commitment to get the job done
• IT literate –a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other software packages including CAD
• Excellent communication skills and client facing experience
• Professional manner
• Ability to solve problems
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Commercially aware
• Builder of strong working relationships
• Self motivated
• Able to work alone and as part of a team
• Good report and letter writing skills
• Innovative and proactive.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme.
We provide a structured training scheme and endorse Continuous Professional Development Activities. Faithful+Gould is an accredited Investor In People.
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
Please note that we will relocate from our current London office in Euston Tower to the Nova North building in Victoria in the first quarter of 2019.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance. #LI-F&G
Our Latest Articles