Managing Consultant (Rail Operations)
Atkins is seeking a talented railway performance professional to join the Rail Advisory team in the Transport Consultancy & Advisory practice. We are looking to grow the size of the practice to cater for a substantial forward workload on numerous high-profile projects including a number of rail franchise projects with public and private sector clients and a growing workload in timetable development, assessment and performance simulation. We are particularly keen on attracting individuals with experience of delivering high quality operational performance simulation and assessment and working knowledge of UK rail industry operational planning practice.
The role will involve working as part of a team, leading technical analysis and key work streams to model and analyse the operational performance of major rail infrastructure schemes and service enhancements. Looking at complex projects from every angle, you will help our customers to find the best solutions to their operations challenges. In addition, the role will be required to develop client relationships across industry and win work.
This is an exciting time to be part of the rail industry, and our Transport Consultancy & Advisory practice is at the forefront of some of the largest and most exciting developments within it. Join our team and you will be working on major projects that are changing the face of the rail industry for the better.
Atkins is a market-leading infrastructure, engineering and design consultancy that offers great scope for career development. And we’re very agile in the way we work and respond to new challenges. We don’t believe there’s a better place to be right now. There are so many opportunities to upskill, grow your career and move between sectors.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled individual with the following attributes:
- Experience of using industry software simulation tools (e.g. Railsys) to undertake rail performance modelling and analysis and provide technical leadership of simulation methodologies
- Experience within train planning or the ability to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of timetable development and the relevant timetable development processes.
- Experience of working within client or technical advisory teams developing franchise or concession agreements, specifically in the spheres of train service specification, operations and maintenance
- An ability to take ownership for key workstreams and/or overall project delivery.
- Client-focused, with a clear understanding of how to produce technical outputs for a range of audiences.
- The ability to engage confidently with technical specialists within the rail industry (e.g. the Department for Transport, Network Rail, Train Operating Companies, etc)
- The ability to work effectively within a team.
- Good organisational and time-management skills to produce personal and team-based outputs within time and budget constraints.
- Excellent analytical, numeracy and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Enthusiasm, energy and flexibility to work across a number of projects within a fast-paced environment.
We offer a fantastic environment with fresh, modern offices that buzz with the excitement of people working at the very forefront of our industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a business that places no limits on how far you can progress. You’ll gain experience on a diverse range of industry-leading projects and have the opportunity to inspire and be inspired by colleagues in offices across the UK, and the globe. We offer a competitive rewards and benefits package for the right candidates, including forward-thinking flexible working options to ensure that working with us works for you.
Our Latest Articles