Managing Engineer - Building Surveying
Managing Engineer - Building Surveying
Faithful+Gould is one of the world’s leading project and cost management consultancies operating at the forefront of the transport, property and industry sectors. Placing great emphasis on the training, development and progression of our staff, we’re dedicated to providing high quality professional services with cutting-edge expertise. Join us and you’ll benefit from a development programme designed to ensure your career objectives are met in full.
As part of our continuous expansion in the UK market we are looking for a Managing Engineer to join the Building Surveying team to consolidate and grow our Building Surveying offering in Nottinghamshire and across surrounding regions. The individual will work closely with the Heads of Building Surveying, the office Directors and existing teams to support the delivery of the business plan strategy and maintain growth within the market and expand into offering M&E design and surveying services.
You will need experience of leading consultancy teams on behalf of the client and should possess demonstrable skills in the following areas:
- Managing and delivering consultancy services within the Mechanical and Electrical Engineering surveying and design market.
- Ability to contribute to the development of the business in the region.
- Key client account management for high profile projects.
- Ability to lead and develop a team of dynamic individuals across multiple sites.
- To hold a relevant construction qualification and preferably be a professional member of a recognised professional institution.
- An ability to generate opportunities and win new work
- To have the ability to manage a project throughout its lifecycle within the context of M&E
- The ability to demonstrate a highly motivated, pro-active approach to work matters
- Detailed knowledge of working within the Mechanical and Electrical Engineering service offering as well as general Consultancy Services market
- Ability to support their own workload while developing and managing a small team
- Experience of client management and development
- Ability to deal with Clients and/or the business at a senior level
- Attend sector led events locally and nationally to promote the F+G business
- Driving Licence/Level of mobility required in the role
- Be a focal point in M&E service offerings and feed into and contribute to the well-established building surveying team
- Establish and develop the M&E function within the existing building surveying team, as well as supporting other service streams and sectors.
- Contribute to the strategic plans for the business and help maintain and develop business for the future
- Be actively engaged in business development, undertaking appropriate networking and other events, both during and outside of core working hours.
- Maintain service quality standards and a culture of continuous improvement and constructive expertise
- Take responsibility for some key projects and the account management and customer care for major clients where appropriate to M&E commissions
- New business proposals and tendering, liaising with the marketing team to ensure highest quality marketing and promotional materials
- Collaboration with other service streams, sectors and the wider F+G and Atkins business to provide combined and innovative solutions improving our competitive advantage
- Ensuring the quality and timeliness of service delivery to clients, acting as primary interface to help build clients' confidence in the team
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives
- Playing an instrumental role in generating repeat business, winning new work and developing new business opportunities
- Controlling their own and others’ workload and allocating resources to meet time and performance requirements
- Keeping abreast of industry issues and developments in best practice
- Leading and managing a small team to enable a strongly motivated, engaged and high performing function. Managing other individuals including undertaking performance and development reviews (PDRs) and mentoring and coaching less experienced colleagues to progression
- Providing guidance, leadership and technical expertise to ALL team members
- Competently communicating and interacting with others, in accordance with the organisation's values
This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses first class communication skills, has strong commercial awareness, who will provide an exemplary service to our Clients.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme. Faithful+Gould provides a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents and also encourage Continuous Professional Development Activities.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices. All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://yourrewarduk.snclavalin.com/your-benefitsm
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Faithful+Gould,a member of the SNC-Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs