Managing M&E Building Surveyor
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
We are looking to recruit a senior mechanical and electrical surveyor to join to expand our service offering within the building surveying team. The Leeds Building Surveying team has a strong client base with significant opportunities to expand their M&E surveying services.
This is a fantastic opportunity to joining a Global company and have the opportunity to head up the M&E survey provision within the Central Region.
The candidate sort for this position needs to have a proven track record of undertaking detailed mechanical and electrical condition survey assessments on a system by system basis (including equipment, systems and plant identifying defects, repairs and lifecycle) and have experience of providing designs and specification for contractor design tender document’s.
The successful applicant will have a right first time approach to their work showing attention to detail, and be able to manage their own work load with minimal supervision.
The company has an impressive rewards and benefits package and will provide support and training for career progression.
Key responsibilities include:
• Inspect all M&E assets including HVAC, electrical systems, heating and plumbing systems and prepare reports detailing lifecycle, cyclical maintenance requirements, defects and repairs. Experience in provision of budget costings is desirable.
• Manage schedules and the programme management of surveys.
• Prepare scope of works, concept design drawings and specifications for refurbishment projects.
• Advise the team of design standards and regulatory changes
• Asset management
• HNC/HND level or equivalent with relevant professional membership
• Experience in providing M&E condition surveys and designs
• Ability to identify potential business opportunities and risks
• Works without supervision
• Consistent attention to detail
• Consistently produces attractive, clear, accurate drawings
• Knowledge and application
• Preparation of design risk assessments
• Drafts reports of suitable technical competency and presentation standards – referring to appropriate design standards guidance
• Use appropriate workspaces in AutoCAD
• Knowledge of OLE CAD standards
• Experience in preparing OLE drawings and wire analysis.
• Experience in preparing contract documents, and specifications.
• CSCS Card desirable
To join a company that is as committed to diversity as it is to excellence click apply now.
Faithful+Gould want to hear from you.
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
Security Clearance :
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.