Managing Quantity Surveyor
Managing Quantity Surveyor
Faithful+Gould are currently recruiting for an exceptional Managing Quantity Surveyor with experience in the delivery of highways/infrastructure projects to lead delivery across our South West and Wales region. The right individual will possess experience in the delivery of commercial services functions for the design of highways/infrastructure projects and construction using NEC 3/4 contracts and awareness of the DMRB and associated MCHW.
Faithful+Gould is currently recruiting for Managing Quantity Surveyor with a hub base at our Bristol Office but will be expected to support delivery and attend sites across our South West and Wales region. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who wants to support the continued growth of our Transportation team, with the potential for career progression for the right candidate. This role provides the opportunity to work on a range of highways/infrastructure projects and to develop the Transportation team in the South West. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to work in a growing, dynamic and sociable office and make an impact. In return, we will reward you and provide the necessary support to take your career to the next level.
We are looking for a collaborative, engaging and adaptable individual to:
- Support business planning and development to grow the successful commercial service delivery team.
- Support sector leads with account management with key clients, developing relationships to support growth.
- Provide effective delivery of commercial management services across the infrastructure, highways and civil engineering sector.
- Provide support to the Transportation team on complex multi-faceted projects.
- Oversee delivery and leading teams for smaller projects
- Lead the commercial team on larger, more complex projects relating to highways and infrastructure; including pre and post project controls.
- Managing and being accountable for quality/business management compliance.
- Supporting when required the win work process with bid management.
- Preparing Client cost reports and reporting on change during the life of a project.
- Awareness of project costs outside of direct Construction (design, supervision, land, statutory undertakers, employer direct).
- Strong experience of Highways Construction technology and methodology alongside how this translates into costs.
- Being a good ambassador for Faithful+Gould, your profession and the professional institution to which you belong.
- Provide guidance, care, mentoring and development of staff.
- Actively broaden your experience in line with the core competencies.
- Participating in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- Applying the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's Policies.
- Developing your understanding of the organisation's Policy and arrangements for managing your own personal safety while at work.
- Complying with the Commercial Services toolkit.
- Understanding the clients' programme and project objectives.
- Enhancing your communication skills, particularly with customers, to reflect the organisation's values.
- Building on your understanding of Faithful+Gould's and Atkins' service offering and promoting the benefits these bring to clients.
- An understanding of the wider Faithful+Gould and Atkins business, including appreciation of activities outside your own team/region, overall services offered and strategic objectives.
- Consciously monitoring how you interact with others, in accordance with the organisation's values.
- A relevant construction qualification/quantity surveying BSc and professional membership of recognised institutions, ideally RICS
- Experience of leading commissions/projects as lead QS or NEC PM
- Experience of both pre-and post-contract quantity surveying responsibilities, and be able to deliver this service effectively to Clients
- Experience of both public and private sector clients
- Experience in working on projects within the highways/infrastructure sectors
- The ability to manage a project throughout its lifecycle
- Awareness of business case development for highways projects
- Good working experience of risk management processes and QCRA
- A good working knowledge of current construction contracts, particularly NEC3 or NEC4
- Ability to form effective working relationships with colleagues and clients
- Confident, outgoing, with the drive to succeed and develop.
- Strong IT skills with an understanding of Microsoft Excel, Project, Word and Outlook
- Clean Driving Licence
This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses first class communication skills, has strong commercial awareness, who will provide a first-class service to our Clients.
You should possess a willingness to continue to develop your career through our structured training programme.
Faithful+Gould develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. We provide a structured training scheme and endorse Continuous Professional Development Activities. Faithful+Gould are accredited Investors in People.
Rewards and Benefits:
Faithful+Gould offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not refer to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Faithful+Gould, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
Faithful+Gould recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs