Managing Quantity Surveyor
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Associate Director - MEP Cost Management
Faithful+Gould are seeking to expand the MEP cost management team based for the UAE from both a team size and client development perspective. Based from Dubai or Abu Dhabi, you will lead the MEP cost management team for MEP deliverables for all UAE cost management projects.
Additionally, you shall support our ME and Africa teams, as senior MEP representative in the business.
- Preparation and delivery of MEP estimates, cost plans, Bills of Quantities, pre-tender estimates and post contract QS administration
- Contract interpretation and advice/action
- Client and stakeholder management
- Executive level reporting
- Internal programme management
- Managing and assisting technical teams to prepare task orders/work packages
- Project/Client specific Change Management
- Reporting on project performance
- Leveraging project commercial performance – revenues and costs
- Ensure time charge hours properly captured and invoiced on time.
- Preparation of MEP sector business plans.
- Develop strategic client relationships and key accounts.
- Profit and loss responsibility.
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in MEP cost management and contract administration
- Middle East experience in last 4-5 years preferable
- Middle East delivery experience in UAE would be a differentiator
- Good contract, commercial and financial understanding, 10 years post qualification experience
- Excellent written English for preparation of task orders, contract letters and communications
- Good communication skills to work with the design teams and obtain the required information
- Understanding of standard methods of measurement
- Good attention to detail and ability to review estimates, cost plans and bills of quantities prior to issue
- Client facing role at both pre- and post-contract stages.
- Professional Membership – MRICS
- Knowledge of FIDIC contracts.
- Degree or similar in Quantity Surveying preferred, but not essential.
- Degree in Quantity Surveying or similar from recognised University preferred
- Strong contractual, commercial and financial knowledge
- Min 15 years post-contract relevant capacity in contracts and commercial management
- Must have consultant and/or client background for minimum of 5 years
- Minimum of 3 years Middle East experience preferred
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Good communication skills
- Politically aware
- Team player, team leader.
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants