Managing Quantity Surveyor
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Faithful+Gould are currently recruiting for a highly competent and ambitious Managing Quantity Surveyor or Senior Quantity Surveyor with experience in the delivery of projects to support our expanding East Midlands office based in Nottingham.
This is an amazing opportunity for someone who wants to grow with our property team and develop their career further. This role provides the opportunity to work on a range of multi-million pound commercial / residential developments, higher education facilities, office and logistic centres across the Midlands.
- Act as commercial lead on £5m - £25m+ projects across a range of property sectors.
- Responsible for pre and post project commercial management and reporting.
- Prepare Client cost reports and report on change during the life of a project.
- Have an awareness of project costs outside of direct Construction (design, supervision, land, statutory undertakers, employer direct).
- Demonstrate leadership skills necessary to direct and manage a support team, ensuring the quality and timeliness of service delivery.
- Be a good ambassador for Faithful+Gould, your profession and professional institution to which you belong.
- Provide guidance and technical advice to different stakeholders; actively contribute to and potentially chair meetings.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and competence in project commercial accountability.
- Have an up-to-date and continuingly developing knowledge of contractual and technical matters relevant to the work you do.
- Participate in relevant internal/external training initiatives.
- Apply the principles of quality assurance and environmental management in compliance with the organisation's Policies.
- Act as day to day lead on projects, providing service delivery, demonstrating your role as a key stakeholder and first point of contact.
- Understand the clients' programme and project objectives.
- Play an active role in generating repeat business, winning new work and developing business opportunities.
- Use your effective communication skills, particularly with customers, to reflect the organisation's values.
- Manage commercial aspects of commissions including governance, fee management.
- Prepare fee proposals and bid submissions
- Manage workload and project resources
- Mentoring trainee, assistant and graduate colleagues.
- Member of a professional body (e.g. RICS or equivalent recognised institutional body)
- Candidates should have experience in one or a number of the following sectors – higher education, residential, commercial development, offices, real estate, health, manufacturing.
- Client facing experience, including working with clients on a commission/project basis in conjunction with senior colleagues.
- Have a full breadth of cost management experience from initial feasibility and giving high level cost advice, through cost planning at various design stages, procurement experience, and a proven ability to control costs post contract.
- In-depth working knowledge of JCT and/or NEC contracts, and the varied options under both suites.
- Proficient in electronic forms of measurement and associated cost planning software (CostX, CATO/ Causeway, etc)
- Working knowledge of new rules of measurement (NRM).
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other role-related software packages.
- Ability to form effective working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Ability to oversee a team on commissions/projects/programmes.
- Confident, outgoing, with the drive to succeed and develop.
- This role has excellent prospects for an individual who has a strong ambition to progress and enjoys working collaboratively within a vibrant team. As well as technical competence, we are looking for someone with the ability to think laterally, who possesses first class communication skills, has strong commercial awareness, and will provide an excellent service to our Clients and contribute to building an effective team.
Rewards & Benefits:
F+G offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, well-being, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.