Marine Systems Technologist (New Grad Opportunity)
SNC- Lavalin Operations and Maintenance is recognized as one of Canada's leading outsourced operations and maintenance solutions experts, a division of SNC Lavalin Group Inc., the largest engineering and construction firm in Canada, and one of the five largest in the world. We continue to grow our business globally.
Our team members across the country and the globe deliver superior service to every one of our clients. Our people are vital to our success, and we build teams that are second to none. Our team embraces challenges and is engaged in working together to contribute to our business objectives.
SNC-Lavalin and our “Minor Warships & Auxiliary Vessels” (MWAV) team is currently looking for a Marine Systems Technologist. This position reports to the Engineering Support Supervisor and will be responsible to provide design agent services and technical support to minor warships and auxiliary vessels.
- Perform engineering and mechanical/marine systems studies;
- Design through use of AutoCAD, RHINO, and other marine systems software;
- Review and execute on failure investigations and analysis;
- Prepare technical evaluations, cost estimates, and options analysis for new equipment or modifications to existing equipment and systems;
- Provide Computer Aided Drafting services – prepare engineering drawings;
- Prepare engineering change specifications
- A post-secondary Diploma of Technology in Marine Systems Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology, with a minimum of one (1) year experience;
- Strong command of AutoCAD software and ability to produce detailed design drawings, in addition to a proficiency in Microsoft applications;
- Experience in a design office setting;
- A working knowledge of the major Classification Society Rules such as American Bureau of Shipping (ABS), SOLAS, and Transport Canada;
- Project management experience is considered an asset;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, planning and organizing abilities with excellent interpersonal skills;
- A strong team player with the ability to work independently;
- Must be able to obtain a Canadian Government security clearance